Accord Stereo Systems

Old December 8th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default Accord Stereo Systems

Hello,

A long while back someone told me that all Honda or if not Accord stereos
are actually made by Alpine Stereos for Honda. I know that Alpine is
considered a good company and I think at least for a while Lamborghini was
using it as stock equipment. I think Alpine is Swiss made? My question is
really it is is true that Accord stereos are really Alpine made?

Thanks,
Al

Old December 8th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

alfred wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A long while back someone told me that all Honda or if not Accord stereos
> are actually made by Alpine Stereos for Honda. I know that Alpine is
> considered a good company and I think at least for a while Lamborghini was
> using it as stock equipment. I think Alpine is Swiss made? My question is
> really it is is true that Accord stereos are really Alpine made?
>
> Thanks,
> Al

------------------------------

Google this document and you'll find the stereo that's in many North
American CR-V's, circa 1999 - 2004?: Panasonic CQ-EH8160AK
The car OEM alarm in my '97 CR-V is made by Alpine.

'Curly'
Old December 8th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad

Wondering where alpine is made? Why don't you ****ing look it up?
Old December 8th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:04:22 -0700, motsco_ > wrote:
>alfred wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> A long while back someone told me that all Honda or if not Accord stereos
>> are actually made by Alpine Stereos for Honda. I know that Alpine is
>> considered a good company and I think at least for a while Lamborghini was
>> using it as stock equipment. I think Alpine is Swiss made? My question is
>> really it is is true that Accord stereos are really Alpine made?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al

>------------------------------

>Google this document and you'll find the stereo that's in many North
>American CR-V's, circa 1999 - 2004?: Panasonic CQ-EH8160AK
>The car OEM alarm in my '97 CR-V is made by Alpine.

if there's an alpine alarm in your CR-V then it was probably installed
by the dealer.
Old December 8th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

AZ Nomad wrote:
>> Google this document and you'll find the stereo that's in many North
>> American CR-V's, circa 1999 - 2004?: Panasonic CQ-EH8160AK
>> The car OEM alarm in my '97 CR-V is made by Alpine.

> if there's an alpine alarm in your CR-V then it was probably installed
> by the dealer.

----------------------------------

The alarm in my '97 CR-V is a HONDA OEM alarm which I bought and
installed later. I peeked inside and it has ALPINE's name on the circuit
board. I quoted the Panasonic part number for the CR-V stereo so the OP
can SEARCH it and see if it's the same stereo in his Accord. I think hat
same stereo also appears in Odyssey in North America.

'Curly'
Old December 9th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Some earlier head units were made by Alpine, then around 98-99 or so
many of them went to the cheap Panasonic. These are the ones giving
you the PE0 CD error code. I like Alpine better, and IMO Panasonic
stinks.

No Alpine is NOT Swiss, it only sounds European. Alpine is part of
Alps Electric Company, Ltd. It's a Japanese company that makes
excellent audio head units.

Old December 9th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

AZ Nomad > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:04:22 -0700, motsco_ >
> wrote:
>>alfred wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> A long while back someone told me that all Honda or if not Accord
>>> stereos are actually made by Alpine Stereos for Honda. I know that
>>> Alpine is considered a good company and I think at least for a while
>>> Lamborghini was using it as stock equipment. I think Alpine is Swiss
>>> made? My question is really it is is true that Accord stereos are
>>> really Alpine made?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Al

>>------------------------------

>>Google this document and you'll find the stereo that's in many North
>>American CR-V's, circa 1999 - 2004?: Panasonic CQ-EH8160AK
>>The car OEM alarm in my '97 CR-V is made by Alpine.

> if there's an alpine alarm in your CR-V then it was probably installed
> by the dealer.

And it could still be OEM.

There are a number of options on many models that are OEM but installed by
the dealer rather than by the assembly plant.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old December 11th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

>> No Alpine is NOT Swiss, it only sounds European. Alpine is part of
>> Alps Electric Company, Ltd. It's a Japanese company that makes
>> excellent audio head units.

> Hey thanks...I didn't know that.
>
> I think alfred was thinking of original "Alpine" chocolate, which is
> Swiss.
>
> Peace,
> Polfus

Hi, well yes I was thinking that it did sound kind of european or bavarian.
Especially that Lamborghini is Italian i would have thought they would use
another european company to make their stereos. So now we know its Japanese,
but I am still wondering if the Accord for 2008 does indeed use Alpine
stereos? My Sentra used Clarion and my 1990 Miata used Pioneer. I tried to
look at the bottom of my speakers to see if it says Alpine, but I don't see
that.

Al

Old December 12th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

> I just called Honda, and they said mine has a Pioneer unit.
>
> Call 'em at 1-800-999-1009 and give em your radio anti-theft code, and
> they'll look it up for you.
>
> Peace,
> Polfus

Okay thanks, I will look into that tomorrow. Keep you all posted.

Thanks.

Old December 12th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

> You probably have the Alpine unit....Honda also told me there's no way to
> upgrade my stereo, and definately without voiding the entire electrical
> system warranty.
>
> Aaarrggg...
>
> Peace,
> Polfus

Well I called Honda and its the serial code they needed, but I have the
Pioneer unit also. I thought that was odd since my car is a J vin from Japan
and I have the upgraded EX-L unit. They did say that there are several
different ones that Honda uses though.

Al