More historical videos.

Old July 18th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

Default More historical videos.

I have deleted the original posts, so I cant remember who pointed to the
Auzzie videos. Anyways here is a link to more by the same uploader on You
Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/beetlejuic150

J.

Old July 18th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

P.J.Berg wrote:
> I have deleted the original posts, so I cant remember who pointed to the
> Auzzie videos. Anyways here is a link to more by the same uploader on
> You Tube.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/beetlejuic150
>
> J.

It was me. Did you enjoy that? I thought it was really neat to see how
bugs were made from scratch. Very labor intensive, nowadays they
probably use less than half that many people to assemble a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNRBf...eature=related
Old July 18th 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:00:43 +0200, Rev Turd Fredericks
> wrote:

> P.J.Berg wrote:
>> I have deleted the original posts, so I cant remember who pointed to
>> the Auzzie videos. Anyways here is a link to more by the same uploader
>> on You Tube.
>> http://www.youtube.com/user/beetlejuic150
>> J.
>>

> It was me. Did you enjoy that? I thought it was really neat to see how
> bugs were made from scratch. Very labor intensive, nowadays they
> probably use less than half that many people to assemble a car.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNRBf...eature=related

Yes, I enjoyed that. Halfway through the 7 part German infomercial
uploaded by the same guy now.
Never thought of You Tube as a source of historical pieces.

I wonder what the quality of the Auzzie built beetles where compared to
the German?
looked like very labour intense and manual work.

J.

Old July 18th 08, 08:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

P.J.Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:00:43 +0200, Rev Turd Fredericks
> > wrote:
>
>> P.J.Berg wrote:
>>> I have deleted the original posts, so I cant remember who pointed to
>>> the Auzzie videos. Anyways here is a link to more by the same
>>> uploader on You Tube.
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/beetlejuic150
>>> J.
>>>

>> It was me. Did you enjoy that? I thought it was really neat to see how
>> bugs were made from scratch. Very labor intensive, nowadays they
>> probably use less than half that many people to assemble a car.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNRBf...eature=related

> Yes, I enjoyed that. Halfway through the 7 part German infomercial
> uploaded by the same guy now.
> Never thought of You Tube as a source of historical pieces.
>
> I wonder what the quality of the Auzzie built beetles where compared to
> the German?
> looked like very labour intense and manual work.

I'll have to watch that, I bookmarked it to watch at a later date.
Old July 19th 08, 11:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Got my first 1300 Beetle in 1970 when they were not made in Aust anymore.
People I know who had an earlier 1200 Aust version were not happy. Rust was
a major issue ( most Austs live near coast, the fathers GMH Holden living at
Bondi had perforated panels within 12 months of new) and I believe the
crankshaft went from being forged to cast, probably to satisfy some darn
bean counter ( accountant) and snapped crankshafts were not rare, especially
in cold weather. It was also alleged the top speed of the Aust Beetle was
about 10 mph less than the German version. Australian built cars up to
perhaps late 70,s were lacking in the quality dept to put it mildly. They
were dragged screaming into catch up mode by the Japanese.
Oz John