Heater Problem A4

Old January 25th 06, 09:29 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Heater Problem A4

Wondered if anyone can identify this problem, before I take it to the
dealer.

I have a A4 B6 1.8T Q and for some reason the blower will not work when the
temp is below 8c, as soon as the temp goes above 8c it works fine lol.

This is a well strange problem, the heat blows out fine under its own steam
on the motorway when its like -2c but the fans will not come on, the water
temp is perfect at 90c and the header tank is at the correct level.

The interior climate control shows full speed on the fan blower but they do
not come on, is there some sort of sensor within the car that senses a temp
somewhere and tells the blowers to come on/off

Another weird thing, in the summer or at any temp where the blowers work,
when you put the wipers on, the blower speeds up for a few secs and then
goes back to normal, it's as if the sensor on the dash gets momentarily
confused by the wiper sweep and speeds up the fans.

Anyone any ideas before it goes into the dealers?

Cheers

Old January 25th 06, 07:34 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

The climate control is set up to not allow the AC to turn on if the outside temp
is 8C (or very close to that). It is not supposed to affect the fan.

There is another system that will not allow the fans to turn on until the engine
coolant temp reaches a certain level so that the heater doesn't blow cold air.

It sounds like either the wiring for these two systems is incorrect or that the
programing in the climate control is bad. Either way the dealer is the best
place to sort this out especially if you are still under warranty.

Old January 25th 06, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Tony" > wrote in message
> The climate control is set up to not allow the AC to turn on if the
> outside temp is 8C (or very close to that). It is not supposed to affect
> the fan.
>
> There is another system that will not allow the fans to turn on until the
> engine coolant temp reaches a certain level so that the heater doesn't
> blow cold air.
>
> It sounds like either the wiring for these two systems is incorrect or
> that the programing in the climate control is bad. Either way the dealer
> is the best place to sort this out especially if you are still under
> warranty.

Cheers tony, do you think a wire may have just come off? and if so where
abouts.

Its only happened recently

Old January 25th 06, 10:24 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

It might be related to a faulty ground but I would not be able to guess where
that might be.

Old January 25th 06, 10:49 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Ronny" wrote
> Anyone any ideas before it goes into the dealers?

Any fault codes stored in the ECU? I'm guessing you would have told us if
there were, or if you had access to a VAG-COM tool, though.

Pete

Old January 25th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "Ronny" wrote
>> Anyone any ideas before it goes into the dealers?

> Any fault codes stored in the ECU? I'm guessing you would have told us if
> there were, or if you had access to a VAG-COM tool, though.
>
> Pete

No fault codes, nothing

I got VAG-COM