1962 Oldsmobile Starfire in gouache for brochure=mx=.jpg (1/1) 18955 bytes

Old January 2nd 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile,alt.binaries.automobiles,alt.binaries.pictures.auto,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers

Default 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire in gouache for brochure=mx=.jpg (1/1) 18955 bytes

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 Oldsmobile Starfire in gouache for brochure=mx=.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	113396
Old January 2nd 08, 10:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile,alt.binaries.automobiles,alt.binaries.pictures.auto,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
John Bradley

Whichever GM engineer came up with the exhaust system for this car deserves
a medal. The 'sound' was extraordinary. It really did emulate a jet without
the turbine whine. Unforgettable.
Thanks, Max
john

"Max" > wrote in message

Old January 3rd 08, 07:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile,alt.binaries.automobiles,alt.binaries.pictures.auto,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
MagisterMax

I don't know if I ever heard that but then it was a long, long time ago. My
uncle had a 59 Oldsmobile that I drove from time to time and it was a nice
car, very quiet and very smooth, but with terrible brakes.

Max

Old January 3rd 08, 03:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile,alt.binaries.automobiles,alt.binaries.pictures.auto,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
John Bradley

"...long, long time ago..."???!!!
Thanks, but Jeezuz, Max; I guess I should start out comments with: "once
upon a time, right after the horse..."
8-)
john

newsB0fj.25630$wy2.17327@edtnps90...

Old January 3rd 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile,alt.binaries.automobiles,alt.binaries.pictures.auto,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
MagisterMax

Well, don't forget that 1959 is almost a half a century ago and for us
geezers it's not easy to remember what things sounded like last week let
alone last century. :-)) When I arrived in Canada in 1950, in a rural area
of agricultural southern Alberta, conditions there really weren't that far
from "right after the horse". There were no paved roads outside of the
cities (only 2 within several hundred miles); there were still gas lamps on
the walls of the town's movie theatre (it closed shortly after I got there);
we had 36 volt dc electricity provided by a windmill with a huge bank of
glass batteries sitting on shelves in our garage; and lots of people had no
plumbing in the house. By 1960 conditions had changed considerably but I
spent 3 years teaching in even further isolation where conditions were just
as primitive as they had been thirty or even fifty years earlier.

Old January 3rd 08, 08:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile,alt.binaries.automobiles,alt.binaries.pictures.auto,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
John Bradley

GEEZER POWER!