Hard Top OFF!

Old March 14th 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tim M.

Default Hard Top OFF!

Took the hard top off early this week. Drove top-down three times.
Then the BIG rains hit. Hopefully next week will be better.
Old March 14th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Tim M. wrote:
> Took the hard top off early this week. Drove top-down three times.
> Then the BIG rains hit. Hopefully next week will be better.

I am presently enjoying the 2 weeks or so of Spring that I see each
year, and the Miata is still down...........

So, it could be worse! :-)

Pat
Old March 17th 10, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message
> I am presently enjoying the 2 weeks or so of Spring that I see each year,
> and the Miata is still down...........
>
> So, it could be worse! :-)
>
> Pat

What's got the beast down?!
Get er going dude!

Chris
99BBB

Old March 17th 10, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "pws" > wrote in message
>> I am presently enjoying the 2 weeks or so of Spring that I see each
>> year, and the Miata is still down...........
>>
>> So, it could be worse! :-)
>>
>> Pat

> What's got the beast down?!
> Get er going dude!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Still need tires, and the top needs to be removed at least. Not sure if
I am putting the new top on or not.

If I keep this thing it will only be driven on nice days. The boring old
Accord is available for cold and/or rainy days.

Tires for the 16X7's are not cheap at all and I haven't had any extra
money for a long time. That could/should change very soon.

Working on it..........................This Honda is
borrrriiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg.

Pat

Old March 17th 10, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message news:hnqk11>
> Still need tires, and the top needs to be removed at least. Not sure if I
> am putting the new top on or not.
>
> If I keep this thing it will only be driven on nice days. The boring old
> Accord is available for cold and/or rainy days.
>
> Tires for the 16X7's are not cheap at all and I haven't had any extra
> money for a long time. That could/should change very soon.
>
> Working on it..........................This Honda is
> borrrriiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg.
>
> Pat

Don't forget there are some very good cheap tires out there. Have you made a
selection yet?

Chris
99BBB

Old March 18th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "pws" > wrote in message news:hnqk11>
>> Still need tires, and the top needs to be removed at least. Not sure
>> if I am putting the new top on or not.
>>
>> If I keep this thing it will only be driven on nice days. The boring
>> old Accord is available for cold and/or rainy days.
>>
>> Tires for the 16X7's are not cheap at all and I haven't had any extra
>> money for a long time. That could/should change very soon.
>>
>> Working on it..........................This Honda is
>> borrrriiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg.
>>
>> Pat
>>

> Don't forget there are some very good cheap tires out there. Have you
> made a selection yet?
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Which ones are you talking about? No selection yet.

The ones I am looking at, some top of the line Michelin, the name is not
coming to mind, are about $150.00 each.

Thanks,

Pat
Old March 19th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message
>> Don't forget there are some very good cheap tires out there. Have you
>> made a selection yet?
>>
>> Chris
>> 99BBB

> Which ones are you talking about? No selection yet.
>
> The ones I am looking at, some top of the line Michelin, the name is not
> coming to mind, are about $150.00 each.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pat

Sorry to Tim if we've hijacked his thread (will anyone notice?)
What size 'shoes' does your turbo wear, depending which wheels you hang
onto, I guess?

cd
99BBB (205/45/r16)

Old March 19th 10, 01:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "pws" > wrote in message
>>> Don't forget there are some very good cheap tires out there. Have you
>>> made a selection yet?
>>>
>>> Chris
>>> 99BBB

>> Which ones are you talking about? No selection yet.
>>
>> The ones I am looking at, some top of the line Michelin, the name is
>> not coming to mind, are about $150.00 each.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Pat

> Sorry to Tim if we've hijacked his thread (will anyone notice?)
> What size 'shoes' does your turbo wear, depending which wheels you hang
> onto, I guess?
>
> cd
> 99BBB (205/45/r16)

I am good at hijacking threads......

The wheels are 16X7's, I am keeping the SSR's if I keep the car. I can
either go with the size you have or go with 215's.

The current tires are 215/40/1, and I was thinking about taking the
profile to 45 with either 205's or 215's..

Pat
Old March 19th 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message news:hnvsk1)

> I am good at hijacking threads......
>
> The wheels are 16X7's, I am keeping the SSR's if I keep the car. I can
> either go with the size you have or go with 215's.
>
> The current tires are 215/40/1, and I was thinking about taking the
> profile to 45 with either 205's or 215's..
>
> Pat

40 series VS 45 series is a bit of an issue in 205 (and maybe 215) widths.
Some mfr's make one but not the other and such.

Don't forget to consider my Yokohama Prada Spec2's ! I highly recommend them
but I don't remember the cost off the top of my head. I am a cheap bas_ard
so, they can't be too high dollar. They are holding up splendidly and
they've been on for street and track use.

Chris
99BBB

Old March 20th 10, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "pws" > wrote in message news:hnvsk1)
>>
>> I am good at hijacking threads......
>>
>> The wheels are 16X7's, I am keeping the SSR's if I keep the car. I can
>> either go with the size you have or go with 215's.
>>
>> The current tires are 215/40/1, and I was thinking about taking the
>> profile to 45 with either 205's or 215's..
>>
>> Pat

> 40 series VS 45 series is a bit of an issue in 205 (and maybe 215)
> widths. Some mfr's make one but not the other and such.
>
> Don't forget to consider my Yokohama Prada Spec2's ! I highly recommend
> them but I don't remember the cost off the top of my head. I am a cheap
> bas_ard so, they can't be too high dollar. They are holding up
> splendidly and they've been on for street and track use.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I don't see the Prada Spec2's in this size at Tire Rack, I need to keep
looking. They have the hated Sumitomo's for that beckoning price of
$55.00 each.

Man I hate the Sumitomo HTR's. I can't recommend against them enough.

The tires I have been looking at are the Michelin Pilots, at $138.00
each. They are pretty...........If the Prada Spec2's are at least $30.00
cheaper per tire, however, I will probably go with them.

Looks like I need to squeeze $650.00-ish together soon for tires and an
alignment, then re-insure the thing. Maybe then I can clean it up and
drive it to Houston.

Pat

New Hard TOP for TJ ULB Jeep 4 March 6th 10 05:20 PM
Looking for a hard top jerryg Jeep 1 January 10th 07 08:09 PM
91 hard top on 81? Greg[_1_] Jeep 14 January 2nd 07 11:09 PM
Where can i buy a E46 Hard top from? How much from BMW? [email protected] BMW 2 October 22nd 06 11:54 AM
FS: 67 GTO hard top L0nD0t.$t0we11 General 0 January 24th 04 01:47 AM