Switched power window door with non power window door...need helpwith a few problems...

Old April 22nd 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Switched power window door with non power window door...need helpwith a few problems...

I recently bought a new door for my 98' Mercury Tracer LS because the
other door got messed up in an accident. The new door doesn't have
power windows like the old one but I didn't mind because I figured it
would just be my door. But after putting on the new door I found out
that now none of the other doors that have power windows will work.
Any suggestions on what to do or how to fix this problem would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old April 22nd 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

On Apr 22, 1:44*pm, wrote:
> I recently bought a new door for my 98' Mercury Tracer LS because the
> other door got messed up in an accident. *The new door doesn't have
> power windows like the old one but I didn't mind because I figured it
> would just be my door. *But after putting on the new door I found out
> that now none of the other doors that have power windows will work.
> Any suggestions on what to do or how to fix this problem would be
> greatly appreciated. *Thank you.

you probably need to move all the power window stuff from your old
door over to your new door. I don't think any of the PW's will work
without the master switch cluster connected.

nate
Old April 22nd 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 22, 1:54*pm, N8N > wrote:
> On Apr 22, 1:44*pm, wrote:
>
> > I recently bought a new door for my 98' Mercury Tracer LS because the
> > other door got messed up in an accident. *The new door doesn't have
> > power windows like the old one but I didn't mind because I figured it
> > would just be my door. *But after putting on the new door I found out
> > that now none of the other doors that have power windows will work.
> > Any suggestions on what to do or how to fix this problem would be
> > greatly appreciated. *Thank you.

> you probably need to move all the power window stuff from your old
> door over to your new door. *I don't think any of the PW's will work
> without the master switch cluster connected.
>
> nate

Ok I'll try that out. Thanks a lot.

2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer power window problems plemmo Ford Explorer 1 February 27th 07 05:11 PM
Power window problems Boffers Saturn 1 January 5th 06 03:41 AM
98 Accord Power window/door lock problem Eddie20 Honda 0 September 30th 05 07:19 PM
Fixing a mutilated power window door frame. 89 Accord Honda. Burt Squareman Honda 0 September 22nd 04 03:15 PM
Removing outside door handle to fix power window Rick K Saturn 3 August 18th 04 11:58 PM