Best Supercharger for 04 GT ?

Old November 30th 04, 08:05 PM
Recon_

Default Best Supercharger for 04 GT ?

Hi All,

I have an 04 40th Anniversary GT Vert and have been looking into
supercharger kits. I'm leaning towards a Kenne Bell intercooled
@ 8psi from what Ive researched, but wanted to get input from some
people who have installed one.

Any opinions or tips would be much appreciated.

thanks,

GT

Old November 30th 04, 09:53 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

Kenne Bell is my recommendation. You get top end hp and low end torque
from one blower. Can't beat the KB's overall performance unless you
install twin turbos.

Old December 1st 04, 12:13 AM

Could one get away with nothing more than a CAI and a Kenne Bell
supercharger on an 04 GT?

Old December 1st 04, 12:48 AM

Next question, would a chip be required or is it an optional component
with those items? Would the stock rear be able to handle it I suppose
is the question I should have asked.

Old December 1st 04, 02:12 AM
WraithCobra

You might want to chech out the forced induction forums at SVTPerformance
http://67.15.62.79/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74 or ModularFords
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=11 for the answers
your looking for. Read the posts that interest you and/or search for the
topics you have questions about. I'm not trying to steer you away from
RAMFM, I check it out every day, but I think you'll more easily find the
answers you need in one of those forums.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old December 1st 04, 03:16 AM
FastAutoSports

GT,

Powerdyne and Paxton Superchargers will give you and your Ford Mustang
the most bang for the buck. Both are comparable or better than the
Kenne Bell, especially if you want to push 8psi. All three have very
strong reputations, so it comes down to personal preferences and how
deep your pockets are.

Have a good one and Good Luck.

-Tom

Fast Auto Sports

http://www.fastmustangparts.com/

Old December 1st 04, 03:21 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

The Kenne Bell 9 psi kit comes with EVERYTHING you will need to install
the blower. That includes a chip, fuel injectors etc. You won't need
to buy anything else. The 9 psi kit will give you about 400 rwhp/rwtq
(manual tranny) on a bone stock engine with stock exhaust. You can bump
those numbers up to around 450 rwhp/rwtq by installing a larger throttle
body, cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust from the manifolds
back. KB sells a well engineered kit that doesn't leave anything out.
They will even reburn the chip for free should you need it in order to
dial the tune in.

As for whether the car can handle it depends on how you will treat it.
If you don't abuse it too bad it should be fine. Get into power
shifting, mega burnouts, hard launches on slicks and you'll find trouble
but that would be the case without the blower too. With the blower
parts will just break sooner.

Old December 1st 04, 03:47 AM
Recon_

Excellant links Mike, thanks.

Old December 1st 04, 04:34 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

Powerdyne is a poor recommendation. They brake belts and need more
service than just about any blower currently sold. The KB blower for
the '99+ GT's make more hp/psi of boost on a bone stock engine than
Paxton or Powerdyne. As for bang for the buck, by the time you add all
the items (fuel injectors, chip, etc.) KB includes in their kits the
centrifugal blowers will cost just as much. Something tells me that you
don't sell KB blowers over at fastmustangparts.

Old December 1st 04, 04:59 AM

I haven't installed a blower on my car, but I hafta agree.. I've heard
nothing but good things about Kenne Bell & doing my own research & speaking
with some representatives there... they seem to know what they are doing. A
local 02 GT has a KB blown Mustang... blue.. beautiful car & runs like a
BEAST!! Extremely torquey & gobs of HP at the top-end. I am thoroughly
impressed. I've heard good things about Vortech as well, but as Michael
pointed out... add in everything & you'll be right under or at the cost of a
KB... but you don't get the torque of a KB twin-screw blower from any
centrifugal blower .

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
> Powerdyne is a poor recommendation. They brake belts and need more
> service than just about any blower currently sold. The KB blower for
> the '99+ GT's make more hp/psi of boost on a bone stock engine than
> Paxton or Powerdyne. As for bang for the buck, by the time you add all
> the items (fuel injectors, chip, etc.) KB includes in their kits the
> centrifugal blowers will cost just as much. Something tells me that you
> don't sell KB blowers over at fastmustangparts.
>
> FastAutoSports wrote:
> > GT,
> >
> > Powerdyne and Paxton Superchargers will give you and your Ford Mustang
> > the most bang for the buck. Both are comparable or better than the
> > Kenne Bell, especially if you want to push 8psi. All three have very
> > strong reputations, so it comes down to personal preferences and how
> > deep your pockets are.
> >
> > Have a good one and Good Luck.
> >
> > -Tom
> >
> > Fast Auto Sports