Obama 08

Old September 10th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred

Default Obama 08

Hello all,

I know this is not really specific to the RI chat room subject, but I
recently saw the Obama acceptance speech and I'll tell you I almost cried
several times during the speech. I was previously close to voting for McCain
or a republican, but when I started to get to know what Obama stands for, I
changed my tune really fast. After all, change is what the theme is all
about! He has some incredible ideas and fresh starts for an economy on the
brink of disaster. Biden's speech was good also, good content, sincere.

McCain's speech was a different story. Mostly about his war heroism, veteran
bills and drilling in Alaska. He sounded alot like Ronald Regan for some
reason. Palin sounds like a snake oil sales woman. Anyone who names their
kids, Track, Trig and Bristol has a few cards missing from the deck. She
wasn't believable.

Al

Old September 10th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred

Sorry I meant not specific to a honda chat room

Old September 10th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake "alfred" > :

>Sorry I meant not specific to a honda chat room

Not a chat room. Learn where you are and how it works.
Old September 10th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dano58

On Sep 9, 9:31*pm, "alfred" > wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know this is not really specific to the RI chat room subject, but I
> recently saw the Obama acceptance speech and I'll tell you I almost cried
> several times during the speech.

I cried, too, thinking about all of the morons that would be buying
into his pablum. NO ONE can make a case to prove that he is ready or
prepared to be President. If that speech alone convinced you to vote
for Obama instead of McCain, you are a very shallow person.

Dan D
Central NJ USA
Old September 15th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Xenu The Enturbulator

K.T. Couric wrote:

> If we are unfortunate enough to elect this amateur Marxist, you will
> really have something to cry about.

I'm wondering what attributes you think make him a Marxist, amateur or
otherwise. I haven't yet seen him calling for dictatorship of the
proletariat, a government of workers and peasants, nationalization of
the means of production and distribution, censorship and control of the
mass media, elimination of multi-party democracy. He hasn't proposed any
five-year industrialization plans, nor has he announced proposals to
create a common agricultural policy.
Old September 15th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Runtime Error

"Xenu The Enturbulator" > wrote in message
> K.T. Couric wrote:
>
>> If we are unfortunate enough to elect this amateur Marxist, you will
>> really have something to cry about.

> I'm wondering what attributes you think make him a Marxist, amateur or
> otherwise. I haven't yet seen him calling for dictatorship of the
> proletariat, a government of workers and peasants, nationalization of the
> means of production and distribution, censorship and control of the mass
> media, elimination of multi-party democracy. He hasn't proposed any
> five-year industrialization plans, nor has he announced proposals to
> create a common agricultural policy.

The Black Irishman O'Bama says he has worked his whole adult life for
"economic justice" -- meaning the redistribution of income and wealth from
the hard working high achievers to the slackers and those with a sense of
entitlement.

He has never heard of a human problem that didn't require a government
solution-- nor has he ever come across a government initiative or program
that didn't merit funding.

Enough of a commie for ya, huh??

Old September 15th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Xenu The Enturbulator

Runtime Error wrote:

> The Black Irishman O'Bama says he has worked his whole adult life for
> "economic justice" -- meaning the redistribution of income and wealth from
> the hard working high achievers to the slackers and those with a sense of
> entitlement.

That's not what Marxism is, but I'll let that pass.

I have friends in the USA who are in their 40s, earning a bit more than
minimum wage, and cannot afford to pay for health insurance. They have
worked continuously since they were 16 and have never slacked off or
claimed welfare. One friend in particular in this position recently
gained a degree in psychology and is the mother of a United States
marine who was recently honourably discharged after having served two
tours in Iraq. How can their sense of entitlement to a decent minimum
standard of life and the desire to see opportunities which were denied
to them lead them to be described as slackers ?

The idea that those who are financially secure only because they have
worked for it is a myth that is easily disproven. Equally, the idea that
those who are not financially secure are in that position because they
refused to work for it is equally easily disproven.

> He has never heard of a human problem that didn't require a government
> solution-- nor has he ever come across a government initiative or program
> that didn't merit funding.

What about the Iraq war ?

> Enough of a commie for ya, huh??

If you think that believe in redistribution makes someone a communist,
then you don't know anything about what marxism or communism is. That
said, running up massive debts to pay for pointless wars against people
who could not defend themselves is one thing that Soviet leaders
excelled at.
Old September 16th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bill Forintos

"Xenu The Enturbulator" > wrote:
> That's not what Marxism is, but I'll let that pass.

Really? You don't say

> I have friends in the USA who are in their 40s, earning a bit more
> than minimum wage, and cannot afford to pay for health insurance. They
> have worked continuously since they were 16 and have never slacked off
> or claimed welfare. One friend in particular in this position recently
> gained a degree in psychology and is the mother of a United States
> marine who was recently honourably discharged after having served two
> tours in Iraq. How can their sense of entitlement to a decent minimum
> standard of life and the desire to see opportunities which were denied
> to them lead them to be described as slackers ?

The minimum wage was never meant to be a permanent living wage, only
something that ties one over till he or she gains some better paying
skill and employment. Your friend must be an unmotivated slacker to work
at that wage all that time. I know a lot of such guys working as waiters
even years after they got some (usually worthless) college degree. They
work at minimum wage but the tips make up for it, even allow monthly
trips to Vegas. However, how many people can really retire comfortably
from such jobs? Then when they lose the job they are whining about how
unfair life is. Give me a break!

> The idea that those who are financially secure only because they have
> worked for it is a myth that is easily disproven. Equally, the idea
> that those who are not financially secure are in that position because
> they refused to work for it is equally easily disproven.

That's typical leftist propoganda that appeals to social envy.

R.P.