May The Best Mode Win

Old October 19th 09, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas
Dave C.[_4_]

Default May The Best Mode Win

> > In a free market, a "monopoly", by definition, can not form.

> In a free market, a monopoly is always the end result. Government
> must preserve the marketplace.

You've got that exactly backwards. Taking the example of health
insurance...each state only has a limited number of health insurance
providers operating in the state. From what I've heard, there is only
ONE in Maine. This is due to state government interference in the
health insurance industry. It is a government created monopoly. If
health insurance company X wants to offer health insurance in Colorado,
they have to get permission from Colorado first. That's not a free
market, it is a state-created monopoly. -Dave
Old October 19th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas
George Conklin

"Larry Sheldon" > wrote in message
> George Conklin wrote:

local
> >> In a truly free market, there is no Government Intervention. If there
> >> is government intervention there is no free market of any sort.

> > Wrong. Governments preserve free enterprise by making sure you don't

have a

Old October 19th 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas
Larry Sheldon

George Conklin wrote:

> In a free market, a monopoly is always the end result. Government must
> preserve the marketplace.

In a free market, monopoly is impossible to sustain.

That's why leftists hate it.
--
Requiescas in pace o email Two identifying characteristics
of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information:
http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml

Old October 21st 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas
Larrybud

>> In a free market, a "monopoly", by definition, can not form.
>

> In a free market, a monopoly is always the end result.
> Government must
> preserve the marketplace.

Since we're all using usenet news readers here, what government laws
have prevented a monopoly of just one news reader from forming,
instead of the dozens of free or pay alternatives that currently
exist?

May The Best Mode Win gpsman Driving 0 October 19th 09 06:37 AM
Imp home mode Fieronut Chrysler 0 October 16th 07 02:21 AM
info on limp-in mode [email protected] Chrysler 14 January 15th 06 04:40 PM
Help. Radio in Safe Mode. opunarms VW water cooled 3 November 30th 05 05:52 PM
Golf GTi ECU Learning Mode ??? VW Internet VW water cooled 1 November 11th 05 03:59 AM