Does anyone take up two parking spaces at a parking lot ?

Old August 25th 06, 06:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

Default Does anyone take up two parking spaces at a parking lot ?

Just wondering if anyone with their Vette takes up two parking spaces in
a parking lot * PROVIDING they park quite a distance from the place
they are going into , and, if the parking lot is fairly empty ? (
*please note the qualification).
The point of doing this is to avoid people dinging your car because
theyve parked too close to you , and not show off or be flashy.

If you dont park double, and if you park single...do you try to park in
a corner and if so, have you had people park too close to you and/or
have you gotton vandalized with your Vette being so far out in the
parking lot ?

Lastly, if you know youll be parking in a parking lot for some
time...do you just take your tin car instead of the vette ?

What is your preference out of the above ?

Thanks.

Old August 25th 06, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Tikbalang" > wrote in message
news
>I use the handicapped parking space to avoid door dings.
>
> My doctor signed the papers to get me a handicapped placard because
> "most people are handicapped because of morbid obesity and they need
> to walk farther."
>
> (Let the flames begin!)
>

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:59:36 -0500, (dave)
> wrote:
>
>>Just wondering if anyone with their Vette takes up two parking spaces in
>>a parking lot * PROVIDING they park quite a distance from the place
>>they are going into , and, if the parking lot is fairly empty ? (
>>*please note the qualification).
>> The point of doing this is to avoid people dinging your car because
>>theyve parked too close to you , and not show off or be flashy.
>>
>>If you dont park double, and if you park single...do you try to park in
>>a corner and if so, have you had people park too close to you and/or
>>have you gotton vandalized with your Vette being so far out in the
>>parking lot ?
>>
>>Lastly, if you know youll be parking in a parking lot for some
>>time...do you just take your tin car instead of the vette ?
>>
>>What is your preference out of the above ?
>>
>>Thanks.

At work, I park in a parking garage, and I always take an end space and put
it as far away from the next spot as I can. When parking in a shopping
center lot, I park far away where there are no other cars. This still
doesn't work though. I've parked a half-mile out with no other cars in
sight and when I went back to the car, there were two cars right next to
mine. Maybe they were checking to see if it was locked, maybe just looking
it over, there was no damage to it. Still, aggravating...

Here at work, taking up two spots will get you a $20 parking ticket. At the
mall, taking up two spots is asking to get keyed, even if you're parked out
in the boondocks. JMO.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 speed (both tops)

Old August 25th 06, 10:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'I use the handicapped parking space to avoid door dings.
My doctor signed the papers to get me a handicapped placard because
"most people are handicapped because of morbid obesity and they need to
walk farther."
(Let the flames begin!)'

REPLY: Well, how much would i have to weigh in order to get a legal
Handicapped Placard due to morbid obesity ? Might be worth eating
Hostess Twinkies and Pecan Pie morning, noon, and night for the next 4
years ; but then i wouldnt be able to get in and out of the Vette !

Old August 26th 06, 02:27 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
My Names Nobody

"dave" > wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone with their Vette takes up two parking spaces in
> a parking lot * PROVIDING they park quite a distance from the place
> they are going into , and, if the parking lot is fairly empty ? (
> *please note the qualification).
> The point of doing this is to avoid people dinging your car because
> theyve parked too close to you , and not show off or be flashy.
>
> If you dont park double, and if you park single...do you try to park in
> a corner and if so, have you had people park too close to you and/or
> have you gotton vandalized with your Vette being so far out in the
> parking lot ?
>
> Lastly, if you know youll be parking in a parking lot for some
> time...do you just take your tin car instead of the vette ?
>
> What is your preference out of the above ?
>
> Thanks.

Leave the Vette at home.

I knew a guy in high school many years ago, that would drive right up next
to any car parked in more than one spot, and intentionally park close and
smash his door into that car, he would then get out and leave his 5 tone
Junker rust bucket Camaro right next to the offending car...

Why make your car any more of a target for bad attitudes and actions?

Old August 26th 06, 03:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Redbull

Whenever I see a Vette or MB etc taking up two spots I try to squeeze my old
pickup truck in next to them...if they are parked out in the boondocks I
park as close to them as possible....

I guess it's a Redneck thing....when I have to park my Vette I use the
regular spaces..it's only a car and a few dings are not worth worrying
about....I have owned 30-40 cars/trucks..so what is the big deal ...my only
regret is selling my 1967 Shelby GT-500...now that was the blunder of a life
time.

Old August 26th 06, 03:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"dave" > wrote in message
> 'I use the handicapped parking space to avoid door dings.
> My doctor signed the papers to get me a handicapped
> placard because
> "most people are handicapped because of morbid obesity and
> they need to
> walk farther."
> (Let the flames begin!)'
>
> REPLY: Well, how much would i have to weigh in order to
> get a legal
> Handicapped Placard due to morbid obesity ? Might be
> worth eating
> Hostess Twinkies and Pecan Pie morning, noon, and night
> for the next 4
> years ; but then i wouldnt be able to get in and out of
> the Vette !

you can take up motorcycling.
I got a tag on everything.
comes in handy too...
bad leg from 41+ years of motorcycles :-)
--
"Key"
=====

Old August 26th 06, 04:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"My Names Nobody" > wrote in message

> "dave" > wrote in message
>> Just wondering if anyone with their Vette takes up two
>> parking spaces in
>> a parking lot * PROVIDING they park quite a distance from
>> the place
>> they are going into , and, if the parking lot is fairly
>> empty ? (
>> *please note the qualification).
>> The point of doing this is to avoid people dinging your
>> car because
>> theyve parked too close to you , and not show off or be
>> flashy.
>>
>> If you dont park double, and if you park single...do you
>> try to park in
>> a corner and if so, have you had people park too close to
>> you and/or
>> have you gotton vandalized with your Vette being so far
>> out in the
>> parking lot ?
>>
>> Lastly, if you know youll be parking in a parking lot
>> for some
>> time...do you just take your tin car instead of the vette
>> ?
>>
>> What is your preference out of the above ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Leave the Vette at home.
>
> I knew a guy in high school many years ago, that would
> drive right up next to any car parked in more than one
> spot, and intentionally park close and smash his door into
> that car, he would then get out and leave his 5 tone
> Junker rust bucket Camaro right next to the offending
> car...
>
> Why make your car any more of a target for bad attitudes
> and actions?

same thing happen a few times to a friend of mine.
although, he was driving a cadillac...

--
"Key"
=====

Old August 26th 06, 04:50 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Billzz

"'Key" > wrote in message
> "My Names Nobody" > wrote in message
>>
>> "dave" > wrote in message
>>> Just wondering if anyone with their Vette takes up two parking spaces in
>>> a parking lot * PROVIDING they park quite a distance from the place
>>> they are going into , and, if the parking lot is fairly empty ? (
>>> *please note the qualification).
>>> The point of doing this is to avoid people dinging your car because
>>> theyve parked too close to you , and not show off or be flashy.
>>>
>>> If you dont park double, and if you park single...do you try to park in
>>> a corner and if so, have you had people park too close to you and/or
>>> have you gotton vandalized with your Vette being so far out in the
>>> parking lot ?
>>>
>>> Lastly, if you know youll be parking in a parking lot for some
>>> time...do you just take your tin car instead of the vette ?
>>>
>>> What is your preference out of the above ?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Leave the Vette at home.
>>
>> I knew a guy in high school many years ago, that would drive right up
>> next to any car parked in more than one spot, and intentionally park
>> close and smash his door into that car, he would then get out and leave
>> his 5 tone Junker rust bucket Camaro right next to the offending car...
>>
>> Why make your car any more of a target for bad attitudes and actions?

> same thing happen a few times to a friend of mine.
> although, he was driving a cadillac...
>
> --
> "Key"

We lived in Texas, for a while, and I parked at the mall, and saw an elderly
lady park her Cadillac, away from all other cars, and made her way slowly to
the mall entrance. I was thinking that she probably could have parked in
the disabled spaces, when a pickup truck came up to park, next to her car,
and the driver deliberately smashed his door into the Cadillac. I went to
say something but quickly realized that he probably had a gun in his glove
compartment (this being Texas) and decided that discretion was the better
part of valor. She was probably driving the Cadillac because it was her
only car, and her husband was now dead, but she could not let go of the
past, or the car. The Luddite "rednecks" did not care. It was an insult to
their failure to make anything of their life, and so they had to attack
anyone who had a better life. I hoped she had insurance, and she probably
did.

My friend just bought a 2006 Corvette, with all the bells and whistles, and
can even call me, from the car, using some gee-whiz system. I was
interested in a Ferrari, but after looking at the specs, I am getting much
more interested in a Corvette (who knew that they raced at Le Mans and are
really serious cars?)

Anyway, I told him to be very careful where he parks it. The low-lifes are
all around.