Ford new Voodoo 5.2

Old August 4th 15, 04:17 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito

Default Ford new Voodoo 5.2

180 deg crankshaft. 526 hp at 7500 rpm. 429 lb/ft at 4750.

The Corvette continues to get GM's lame 6.2 l. Boring, but the brain deal
old folks that buy Corvettes do not know the difference.

Small, hi reving, V-8s are the way to go for the Corvette. Need overhead
valves with 4 per cylinder. Rocker arms are a total joke.

GM just spent $429M on the Corvette assembly line. Only to replace lazy
union workers with robots.

Vito

Old August 6th 15, 04:45 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_3_]

With those cheerful thoughts I think I'll take a crap and go to bed, just hope it don't look like you and keep me awake.

Have you any idea how hard it is to make a flat crank roadable? Why the low torque number? Don't know do you. There are Corvette tuners (Lingenfelter is one) that have built them to 600 HP but they are still a bitch to street.. Then there are the service requirements that means you remove the engine to do the service. One thing they do well is the sound is mesmerizing.

You're the crybaby that kept whining about VV timing, direct injection, and other wimpy things all the while I was driving one and laughing at such a foolish person that knows so little. Great car made by GM 87,000 miles and never been back to the dealer.
Old August 7th 15, 12:23 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito

>"Dad" > wrote in message
>With those cheerful thoughts I think I'll take a crap and go to bed, just
>hope it don't look like you and keep me awake.

>Have you any idea how hard it is to make a flat crank roadable? Why the low
>torque number? Don't know do you. There are >Corvette tuners (Lingenfelter
>is one) that have built them to 600 HP but they are still a bitch to
>street. Then there are the service >requirements that means you remove the
>engine to do the service. One thing they do well is the sound is
>mesmerizing.

>You're the crybaby that kept whining about VV timing, direct injection, and
>other wimpy things all the while I was driving one >and laughing at such a
>foolish person that knows so little. Great car made by GM 87,000 miles and
>never been back to the >dealer.

You are good at name calling.

Ford can do it, why can't GM. So everyone with a Mustang GT350 is going to
have to remove the engine for service? Somehow I doubt that. Ford is
making a Mustang that is not streetable? Most folks, but you old Corvette
owners, would love a Vette that is so powerful with a torque band that it is
barely streetable. Has to be pretty streetable or it would not pass
emissions.

GM talks about a 6 cyl Corvette. How about a 5 L V-8 Corvette? GM covers
up for inferior design by increasing the displacement. 6.2 /7.0
displacement is a joke. Are we driving a truck here?

Glad you do not need service. Taking your car into a Chevy dealer almost
guarantees it will be scratched with grease on the seat when you drive it
out.

Old August 25th 15, 10:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_3_]

"The Corvette continues to get GM's lame 6.2 l. Boring, but the brain deal
old folks that buy Corvettes do not know the difference." (brain deal?)

This is what you said and somehow it's not name calling?

By the way I was not talking about a Chevrolet product, do you pay any attention to what is being said or are you just planning on your smart azs reply?

Check out the service requirements of some of the flat plane crank equipped engines on the road today and then tell me that they don't have a engine removed service schedule.
Old August 26th 15, 03:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5[_2_]

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 11:17:55 PM UTC-4, unclevito wrote:
> 180 deg crankshaft. 526 hp at 7500 rpm. 429 lb/ft at 4750.
>
> The Corvette continues to get GM's lame 6.2 l. Boring, but the brain deal
> old folks that buy Corvettes do not know the difference.
>
> Small, hi reving, V-8s are the way to go for the Corvette. Need overhead
> valves with 4 per cylinder. Rocker arms are a total joke.
>
> GM just spent $429M on the Corvette assembly line. Only to replace lazy
> union workers with robots.
>
> Vito

Vito, Are you an idiot or do you just post like one? Stupidity is invincible.