"Humans 'very likely' making earth warmer" is wrong

Old February 12th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Wayne Pein

Default Buses with racks go a long way

no spam wrote:

>>Where lanes are narrow I use the full lane and force motorists to wait
>>behind me. So for me, there is no easier or harder roads. There is always
>>plenty of room for my 2 foot wide bike.

> Now there's something smart to do. Let's see if we can **** off someone in
> control of 2000+ pounds of car while I'm on a bicycle. I've had people in
> cars try to push me out of the way when I was driving a loaded grain truck
> doing 45 mph. I don't want to think what they would do if I were on a
> bicycle.

I suggest you not ride a bike, because motorists obviously hate you.
Either that, or carry some grain you can offer. Perhaps the driver was
hungry and wanted your booty.

Wayne

Old February 12th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Bill Baka

Default "Humans 'very likely' making earth warmer" is wrong

no spam wrote:
>> One of the grade schools around here had a guy shooting students at an
>> elementary school. That wasn't even a school related thing but some looney
>> who went over the edge. He just drove up and started shooting through a
>> chain link fence.
>> I would put a pointer to the newspaper but out hick town paper wants money
>> to go through the archives.

> You must be be mistaken. This could not have happened because the government
> has made it illegal to carry a firearm within 1000 feet of a school.
>
> Isn't it strange how you very rarely hear about shootings in places where
> the criminals think there might be someone with a gun?

When was the last time you saw a 'law abiding' criminal, or flat out
lunatic?
"Uh, let's see now, I can't go near the school so I'll just snipe a few."

Sign of the times??
Bill Baka
Old February 13th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Rod Speed[_1_]

no spam > wrote:

>>> Have you ever tried dealing with a state department? Been there
>>> (several times) and didn't even get a lousy tee shirt. I was sure
>>> that after in one year a trooper had been rear ended and a
>>> motorcyclist KILLED at that intersection something would be done. I
>>> was on that same road last year and there was a change. . .they
>>> repainted the lines.
>>> Remember you can't sue the state w/o its permission.

>> Pig ignorant fantasy.

> Why don't you try to sue your state.

Not that stupid.

> You'll find out that something controled by a bunch of power hungry lawyers has made itself fairly
> lawyer proof.

Pig ignorant fantasy.

Have fun explaining those who have done just that and won.

Old February 13th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
donquijote1954

Default Drivers hate cyclists

On Feb 12, 3:37 pm, Wayne Pein > wrote:
> no spam wrote:
> >>Where lanes are narrow I use the full lane and force motorists to wait
> >>behind me. So for me, there is no easier or harder roads. There is always
> >>plenty of room for my 2 foot wide bike.

> > Now there's something smart to do. Let's see if we can **** off someone in
> > control of 2000+ pounds of car while I'm on a bicycle. I've had people in
> > cars try to push me out of the way when I was driving a loaded grain truck
> > doing 45 mph. I don't want to think what they would do if I were on a
> > bicycle.

> I suggest you not ride a bike, because motorists obviously hate you.
> Either that, or carry some grain you can offer. Perhaps the driver was
> hungry and wanted your booty.
>
> Wayne

Yes, they do hate you when you hold them back. That's another good
reason cyclists need bike lanes.

I don't know though if the driver is hungry. What I know is that the
dinosaur is hungry and and doesn't want you on a bike.

Old February 13th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
no spam

>>> One of the grade schools around here had a guy shooting students at an
>>> elementary school. That wasn't even a school related thing but some
>>> looney who went over the edge. He just drove up and started shooting
>>> through a chain link fence.
>>> I would put a pointer to the newspaper but out hick town paper wants
>>> money to go through the archives.

>> You must be be mistaken. This could not have happened because the
>> government has made it illegal to carry a firearm within 1000 feet of a
>> school.
>>
>> Isn't it strange how you very rarely hear about shootings in places where
>> the criminals think there might be someone with a gun?
>>

> When was the last time you saw a 'law abiding' criminal, or flat out
> lunatic?
> "Uh, let's see now, I can't go near the school so I'll just snipe a few."
>
> Sign of the times??

Sarcasm is lost on some people but others get it. Unfortunately on only 3
hrs of sleep I'm not sure which category your reply fits into.

Old February 13th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
no spam

]] Now that north american society has little use for the totally unskilled
]] who dont want to work,
]
] How many can there be, with a 4.5 percent
] unemployment rate, and 3.0 percent means everybody
] holds a job for 3 years and takes 4 or 5 weeks to
] find another job.

>>Because if you aren't looking for a job you are not included in the
>>unemployment rates. IOW, all the people sitting at home drawing welfare
>>checks are not unemployed, they are government employees.

> I hate using facts with you - you seem to do so well with very few at
> all - but a general requirement to draw unemployment in most U.S.
> states is that you ARE looking for employment, unless you have a
> qualified reason to not do so - generally a current impairment.

I went back and got the msg I was replying to.

Mea culpa, it seems that I failed make my point clear. My point is there
can be million of them in the US because the unskilled bums don't have to
work because they can sit at home and the government will pay them.

Since they have a great job working for the government they are not looking
for jobs and therefore not counted in the unemployment numbers. This is
where all the "totally unskilled who dont want to work" are.

Old February 13th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
no spam

>>>Where lanes are narrow I use the full lane and force motorists to wait
>>>behind me. So for me, there is no easier or harder roads. There is always
>>>plenty of room for my 2 foot wide bike.

>> Now there's something smart to do. Let's see if we can **** off someone
>> in control of 2000+ pounds of car while I'm on a bicycle. I've had
>> people in cars try to push me out of the way when I was driving a loaded
>> grain truck doing 45 mph. I don't want to think what they would do if I
>> were on a bicycle.

> I suggest you not ride a bike, because motorists obviously hate you.
> Either that, or carry some grain you can offer. Perhaps the driver was
> hungry and wanted your booty.

So you are saying that you have NEVER had a problem with a dangerous driver?
If so you are very luckily.

Old February 13th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
no spam

>>> Pig ignorant fantasy.

>> Why don't you try to sue your state.

> Not that stupid.

Glad to see your self-esteem is getting better.

>> You'll find out that something controled by a bunch of power hungry
>> lawyers has made itself fairly lawyer proof.

> Pig ignorant fantasy.
>
> Have fun explaining those who have done just that and won.

Why should I, I never claimed it couldn't be done. People have even sued
the feds and won. Which is even harder.

Old February 13th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Wayne Pein

no spam wrote:

>>>Now there's something smart to do. Let's see if we can **** off someone
>>>in control of 2000+ pounds of car while I'm on a bicycle. I've had
>>>people in cars try to push me out of the way when I was driving a loaded
>>>grain truck doing 45 mph. I don't want to think what they would do if I
>>>were on a bicycle.

>>I suggest you not ride a bike, because motorists obviously hate you.
>>Either that, or carry some grain you can offer. Perhaps the driver was
>>hungry and wanted your booty.

> So you are saying that you have NEVER had a problem with a dangerous driver?
> If so you are very luckily.

Yes, I've had motorists mess with me. But that doesn't mean I'm going to
change my behavior. They've messed with me no matter how I've ridden, so
I do what reduces my overall risk, which is, counterintuitively, to use
more space, not less.

Wayne

Old February 13th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
donquijote1954

Default The asteroid must come soon

On Feb 13, 2:17 pm, "no spam" > wrote:

> >> Now there's something smart to do. Let's see if we can **** off someone
> >> in control of 2000+ pounds of car while I'm on a bicycle. I've had
> >> people in cars try to push me out of the way when I was driving a loaded
> >> grain truck doing 45 mph. I don't want to think what they would do if I
> >> were on a bicycle.

> > I suggest you not ride a bike, because motorists obviously hate you.
> > Either that, or carry some grain you can offer. Perhaps the driver was
> > hungry and wanted your booty.

> So you are saying that you have NEVER had a problem with a dangerous driver?
> If so you are very luckily.

This is typical SUV behavior on our Darwinistic roads...

http://www.enricovalenza.com/img/carn.jpg

Bikes better use same survival strategy as early mammals: hide away

While they pollute our beloved earth and talk about the end of times,
we can't claim our place under the sun. The asteroid must come soon.

The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Off Topic - Father of Earth Day Dies BillyRay Jeep 0 July 3rd 05 05:40 PM