'93 Bronco w/351 - Exhaust

Old November 5th 04, 04:45 PM
NES

Default '93 Bronco w/351 - Exhaust

Anyone have any experience with aftermarket exhaust applications that
improve performance?

I just had the Aero Turbo muffler with 3" e-pipe installed. The truck
now sounds neat, but I don't believe I've realized the boost in
performance and gas mileage this product boasts. I'm still getting
about 12 mpg.

I'm now considering replacing the 2 cats with a single aftermarket 3"
cat. I was told that this will add approx. 30 horses.

Am I wasting my money?

NES
Old November 5th 04, 07:47 PM
rose111

HELLO

Old November 6th 04, 08:47 AM
rose111

From Miss Rose Guei.

Dearest,

Nice to meet you,I just want to use this opportunity and ask for a favor
and to let you know that I am intrested to invest my fund in your country
so if you wish to help me out then do reply me back through my private
email address at ( )for me to give you more details
regarding this opportunity.

Kind Regards
Rose Guei

Old November 6th 04, 08:53 PM
NES

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Old November 6th 04, 11:47 PM
SBlackfoot

> I'm now considering replacing the 2 cats with a single aftermarket 3"
> cat. I was told that this will add approx. 30 horses.

30 HP? Not likely, not even if you went from stock to headers and a complete
system all the way back. I'd say the most you'd ever see is 20HP at best
(with a full setup), and you'd have to open up the intake to see any of
those gains.

Old November 10th 04, 06:55 AM
Rick Colombo

I just removed the muffler on my '93 and got some improvement (no, I
didn't dyno test it). It wasn't loud either, I prefer NOT to draw
attention to myself.

However, my step-daughter saw to it that my Bronco was totaled, of
course that 18-wheeler just jumped out in front of her, ran a yellow
light and turned right in front of her, she hit the "back end" before
she could even step on the brakes (how dumb to I look... don't answer
that ;-) all this is behind me now. -PapaRick

--

PapaRick

Old November 21st 04, 08:24 AM
John Doe

"NES" > wrote in message
> Anyone have any experience with aftermarket exhaust applications that
> improve performance?
>
> I just had the Aero Turbo muffler with 3" e-pipe installed. The truck
> now sounds neat, but I don't believe I've realized the boost in
> performance and gas mileage this product boasts. I'm still getting
> about 12 mpg.
>
> I'm now considering replacing the 2 cats with a single aftermarket 3"
> cat. I was told that this will add approx. 30 horses.
>
> Am I wasting my money?

Depends on how you define wasting money.
If they claim 30 horses, you can possibly get 3 - 10.

If you want a significantly better mileage, you need
a different approach.

Old November 22nd 04, 03:11 AM
Rick Colombo

I got a lot of improvement just by removing my muffler, so IMHO adding
an aftermarket muffler (just to sound cool and annoy the neighbors) is a
waste of money. As for the gas mileage, who told you that a muffler
(or lack thereof) would change your mileage? Well it won't, so there.
If you want to increase your HP, you need chrome valve covers,
everyone knows that. -PapaRick

--

PapaRick

Old January 8th 05, 03:04 AM
Rick Colombo

I presume you had it Dyno tested "before", so how did it compare to
"after"? If this is just seat-of-the-pants opinion, then you got your
30hp so let it go.

Btw, my Bronco never got much better than 12mpg with or w/o a muffler.

Exhaust Leak Ltine 4x4 3 August 27th 04 01:50 AM
Exhaust Leak Ltine 4x4 2 August 22nd 04 08:45 PM
v10 dodge 4x4 exhaust ?' Blah Blah 4x4 12 February 9th 04 02:32 AM
early bronco for sale [email protected] 4x4 0 December 19th 03 09:38 AM