05 corvette

Old November 5th 04, 01:11 AM
Mark Richardson

Ben,

May I ask what state you are in? and the dealer you bought from?

best,
Mark

Old November 5th 04, 08:42 AM
Gary Coffman

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:56:46 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>I've gotten a raft of crap from people about how I should follow
>instructions and I agree. That wasn't the point of the complaint, the fact
>that it can be done is not acceptable. It would be the same as my leaving a
>key in a car and I never do that.

Not putting the car in reverse (or Park if it is an auto) before exiting the car
*is* the same as leaving your keys in a car that uses keys. So don't do that.

Gary
Old November 5th 04, 08:42 AM
Gary Coffman

Old November 5th 04, 01:00 PM
Dad

"Gary Coffman" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:56:46 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>>I've gotten a raft of crap from people about how I should follow
>>instructions and I agree. That wasn't the point of the complaint, the fact
>>that it can be done is not acceptable. It would be the same as my leaving
>>key in a car and I never do that.

> Not putting the car in reverse (or Park if it is an auto) before exiting
> the car
> *is* the same as leaving your keys in a car that uses keys. So don't do
> that.
>
> Gary

Thank you for those excellent words of advice. Where is the fob that has to
be in the car for "the ignition to work"? It's not in there. The ignition
should not work. The ignition works. GM states that "the keyless access
transmitter must be in the vehicle for ignition to work" page 2-20 and 2-21.
Not having the vehicle in reverse does not change the fact that "the keyless
access transmitter must be in the vehicle for the ignition to work" is an
incorrect statement. Leaving the keyless access transmitter in the vehicle
for the ignition to work is like leaving the key in the vehicle. Putting the
car in reverse kills the retained accessory power to stop battery drain, is
says nothing about it leaving the car in a "live" mode such as when you
leave your keys in your car.

Even when I pointed that out to you, you chose to ignore it just as many
people will do with the simple instructions you offered, "So don't do that".
I don't have a problem putting the car in reverse, I stated that, you
ignored that, try to understand what you read next time.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 5th 04, 01:00 PM
Dad

Old November 5th 04, 06:31 PM
Gary Coffman

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:00:13 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>"Gary Coffman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:56:46 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>>>I've gotten a raft of crap from people about how I should follow
>>>instructions and I agree. That wasn't the point of the complaint, the fact
>>>that it can be done is not acceptable. It would be the same as my leaving
>>>key in a car and I never do that.

>> Not putting the car in reverse (or Park if it is an auto) before exiting
>> the car
>> *is* the same as leaving your keys in a car that uses keys. So don't do
>> that.
>>
>> Gary

>Thank you for those excellent words of advice. Where is the fob that has to
>be in the car for "the ignition to work"? It's not in there. The ignition
>should not work. The ignition works. GM states that "the keyless access
>transmitter must be in the vehicle for ignition to work" page 2-20 and 2-21.
>Not having the vehicle in reverse does not change the fact that "the keyless
>access transmitter must be in the vehicle for the ignition to work" is an
>incorrect statement. Leaving the keyless access transmitter in the vehicle
>for the ignition to work is like leaving the key in the vehicle. Putting the
>car in reverse kills the retained accessory power to stop battery drain, is
>says nothing about it leaving the car in a "live" mode such as when you
>leave your keys in your car.
>
>Even when I pointed that out to you, you chose to ignore it just as many
>people will do with the simple instructions you offered, "So don't do that".
>I don't have a problem putting the car in reverse, I stated that, you
>ignored that, try to understand what you read next time.

It seems to me you're only quibbling about the wording in the owner's
manual. The manual *very clearly* tells you to always put a manual into
reverse, or an auto into park, before shutting down the engine and exiting
the vehicle. If you do that, then the "problem" you complain about doesn't
exist.

Gary
Old November 5th 04, 06:31 PM
Gary Coffman

Old November 5th 04, 08:11 PM
Dad

> It seems to me you're only quibbling about the wording in the owner's
> manual. The manual *very clearly* tells you to always put a manual into
> reverse, or an auto into park, before shutting down the engine and exiting
> the vehicle. If you do that, then the "problem" you complain about doesn't
> exist.
>
> Gary

You fail to understand what I said, I'm not complaining, just stating a
fact. I'm not quibbling, just stating a fact. In reality it looks like you
are the one that is quibbling.

At least I can read, you seem to be having a problem with that simple act.
Let me say it one more time, you can drive the C6 without "the keyless
access
transmitter in the vehicle for ignition to work". It is stated very clearly
also that it must be in the vehicle, it does not, what makes your statement
any more or less correct?

If I or anyone else puts his C6 in reverse and the auto in park every time
they shut the car off the problem still exists. Telling me or anyone else
not to catch cold is just as stupid as saying always do something. Sooner or
later it will not be done as you say or you'll catch a cold.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 5th 04, 08:11 PM
Dad

Old November 5th 04, 08:21 PM
DarkOverlord

Dad wrote:
>> It seems to me you're only quibbling about the wording in the owner's
>> manual. The manual *very clearly* tells you to always put a manual
>> into reverse, or an auto into park, before shutting down the engine
>> and exiting the vehicle. If you do that, then the "problem" you
>> complain about doesn't exist.
>>
>> Gary

> You fail to understand what I said, I'm not complaining, just stating
> a fact. I'm not quibbling, just stating a fact. In reality it looks
> like you are the one that is quibbling.

I always leave my C5 in 1st. Is this reverse stuff just for C6?

--
Not to him who is offensive to us are we most