2001 325Cic - code P3069

Old July 17th 07, 03:39 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jerry[_6_]

Default 2001 325Cic - code P3069

My 'check engine' light came on and I had the code 'read'. It came up with
a code P3069, but there was no description. We cleared the code, and it
didn't come right back on, so maybe it was a stray gamma ray ;-)

Seriously, anyone else run into this code?

Old July 17th 07, 02:59 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

Are you sure? Maybe it was P0369?

The code you listed is beyond the range of available codes. Check this link

http://autorepair.about.com/od/obdco..._1996_year.htm

Well, P0369 is also not on the list, so gamma rays sound as good as any
other explanation ...

Old July 18th 07, 04:44 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jerry[_6_]

dyslexia and gamma rays - a terrible combination!! Next I'll resort to
steroids!

Thanks for the info - the mystery continues....

Old July 18th 07, 02:11 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
admin[_1_]

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> Are you sure? Maybe it was P0369?
>
> The code you listed is beyond the range of available codes. Check this
> link ....
>
> http://autorepair.about.com/od/obdco..._1996_year.htm
>

> Well, P0369 is also not on the list, so gamma rays sound as good as any
> other explanation ...
>

> "Jerry" > wrote in message
>> My 'check engine' light came on and I had the code 'read'. It came up
>> with a code P3069, but there was no description. We cleared the code,
>> and it didn't come right back on, so maybe it was a stray gamma ray ;-)
>>
>> Seriously, anyone else run into this code?

There are no codes beyond P1999 - the numbers just don't go any higher.
P0001-P0999 are for "generic" OBD-II codes - ones that can and are used
as standard codes by all/any manufacturers. P1000-P1999 are for
manufacturer specific codes - proprietary codes.

There are no P3### codes - so either the code reader is badly broken, or
whoever read it for you didn't read it correctly.

Or it was a gamma ray.
Old July 18th 07, 09:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
frischmoutt

690Ed
were you hanging by the feet when you read it ?
;-)

Old July 19th 07, 03:46 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jerry[_6_]

Well, the damn light is on again, so I'll go back and have the code read
again and pay extra close attention! I'll stay away from cosmic dust
trails for a while too!

Old July 19th 07, 03:10 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

It could be sun spots, so maybe you should only drive at night ...