Crazy...

Old May 1st 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Crazy...

06 plate 2006 ALFA ROMEO 156 2.5 V6 24V Q-System Lusso 4dr Auto Saloon.
£10,750 on Autotrader.

Obviously a pre 2004 facelift model (the 2.5 was dropped then) and the
unpopular Q-System that didn't really suit the lovely V6. I guess they
are going to have to give this one away. It is at half 2004 price
already without a mile on the clock...
Old May 1st 06, 08:25 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:22:33 GMT, Tony Rickard
> wrote:

>06 plate 2006 ALFA ROMEO 156 2.5 V6 24V Q-System Lusso 4dr Auto Saloon.
>£10,750 on Autotrader.
>
>Obviously a pre 2004 facelift model (the 2.5 was dropped then) and the
>unpopular Q-System that didn't really suit the lovely V6. I guess they
>are going to have to give this one away. It is at half 2004 price
>already without a mile on the clock...

Crazy? I wouldn't have one of these if it were given to me. What's an
04 car doing with 06 plates? Why has it not sold in 2 (or is that 3)
years?

The 2.5 was deeply unpopular with everyone apart from a few who
appreciated that engine. It was the only 156 engine to get dropped.
The Q-System made an unpopular car even less popular. The whole thing
was wrong - some marketing guru, knowing nothing about cars, thought
the V6 was a luxury car for a mature customer and, therefore, had to
have an auto-box..er..********!

As for price, Parkers only quote up to a 2003 53 plate and the price
appears to be close to their secondhand valuation. On the superficial
face of it, it looks like a good deal but I would never have one.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old May 1st 06, 10:31 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Zathras wrote:

> Crazy? I wouldn't have one of these if it were given to me. What's an
> 04 car doing with 06 plates? Why has it not sold in 2 (or is that 3)
> years?

I do agree, crazy in the sense of what is it doing for sale now - why
would any trader wait to register such a two year old model. Yet also
crazy in the sense of the amount of car that could be bought as new for
£10k.

I also agree they will have great difficulty shifting it with the Q-System.

Perhaps they waited for the 159 to be launched so they could sell it as
the "previous model" along with other facelifted 156s?

Cheers
Tony
Old May 1st 06, 12:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Tony Rickard > wrote:

> Zathras wrote:
>
> > Crazy? I wouldn't have one of these if it were given to me. What's an
> > 04 car doing with 06 plates? Why has it not sold in 2 (or is that 3)
> > years?

> I do agree, crazy in the sense of what is it doing for sale now - why
> would any trader wait to register such a two year old model. Yet also
> crazy in the sense of the amount of car that could be bought as new for
> £10k.
>
> I also agree they will have great difficulty shifting it with the Q-System.
>
> Perhaps they waited for the 159 to be launched so they could sell it as
> the "previous model" along with other facelifted 156s?

Although it's not been run, I'd be wanting a full service with cambelt
and tensioner change doing within the price at the very least. If it's 2
years old, it's only really got another year, or two at the outside,
before you'd have to do one anyway.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

1994 Jetta crazy MIL Jared VW water cooled 4 March 13th 06 10:29 PM
crazy door locks on my 87 vanagon highcastle VW water cooled 0 March 9th 06 06:32 AM
Loosened lines out of MC.Shouldnt brake fluid shoot out like crazy? pinfun Technology 5 January 23rd 06 04:18 PM
Crazy idea? 223rem Driving 11 May 31st 05 06:02 AM
Am I crazy? [email protected] Technology 5 January 9th 05 04:11 PM