Brera on TV next week.

Old May 7th 06, 10:29 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Brera on TV next week.

Catman wrote:
> George Graves wrote:

>> While what you say is true, Modern Alfas are better cars in EVERY way as
>> far as a daily driver is concerned, they just aren't as good "sports
>> cars" (again IMHO) as were the sporting Alfas of yore. I.E. is a 156
>> better than an Alfetta sedan? You bet. Is it better than a 155, or an
>> Alfasud? You better believe it!, but are any of the FWD models as good
>> drivers cars as a GTV-6 NO. Is the 156 as good as 75 Verde? Again NO. Is
>> any recent Alfa Sedan as good as a Giulia Super (what is?) absolutely
>> not. I'm talking here about the driving experience, not the build
>> quality, not the creature comforts, not rust protection and not the
>> reliability.
>>

> See,I would never class Alfas as 'sports cars'. We have a slighly odd
> preception of them over here
>
> I still maintain that the Sprint is the best driver's car that I've ever
> driven.

I agree. Sports saloons are a compromise between true sports cars and
family cars. My 156 V6 gives me a family car which I get all the driving
gratification I need when driving alone and I still think it looks great
parked next to a newer 3 series in the car park. They feel involving to
drive compared with their competition, have loads of style and although
given the circumstances I would like a Maserati and a family car I feel
pretty satisfied with what I have. Which I believe to have been the aim
of Alfa - to provide affordable cars for drivers with sporting pretentions.

Cheers
Tony
Old May 7th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

In article >,
Catman > wrote:

> George Graves wrote:
>
> > In article > ,
> > Catman > wrote:

> >> OK, I've been drinking but that's twaddle. The 156 is a great car. It's
> >> not a Sprint, but it's every bit as good *everyday* as a 116 and in many
> >> ways *much* better. Not as direct, certainly not as raw, but ti is, IMHO
> >> a worthy Alfa.
> >> Oh, and two great advantages it has over a Sprint (which is also WWD)
> >> 1) It's useable between October and May
> >> 2) It doesn't dissolve in winter

> > While what you say is true, Modern Alfas are better cars in EVERY way as
> > far as a daily driver is concerned, they just aren't as good "sports
> > cars" (again IMHO) as were the sporting Alfas of yore. I.E. is a 156
> > better than an Alfetta sedan? You bet. Is it better than a 155, or an
> > Alfasud? You better believe it!, but are any of the FWD models as good
> > drivers cars as a GTV-6 NO. Is the 156 as good as 75 Verde? Again NO. Is
> > any recent Alfa Sedan as good as a Giulia Super (what is?) absolutely
> > not. I'm talking here about the driving experience, not the build
> > quality, not the creature comforts, not rust protection and not the
> > reliability.
> >

> See,I would never class Alfas as 'sports cars'. We have a slighly odd
> preception of them over here
>
> I still maintain that the Sprint is the best driver's car that I've ever
> driven.

I can't comment since the Sprint was never sold in the USA (no Alfasud
was), but I have read that particular sentiment before.

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men

Illegal Immigration, the Non-Issue of the Week?????????????? Expert Humor Ford Mustang 0 March 31st 06 05:17 AM
Illegal Immigration, the Non-Issue of the Week?????????????? Expert Humor Honda 0 March 31st 06 05:16 AM
Fourth week question of Audi Game robin Audi 1 August 17th 05 12:48 PM
Brera [email protected] Alfa Romeo 2 July 2nd 05 10:02 PM
Brera and 159 at Goodwood ninja Alfa Romeo 2 June 28th 05 10:52 AM