Brera on TV next week.

Old May 1st 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Brera on TV next week.

SteveH wrote:
> Graham > wrote:
>

>>http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
>>
>>And Vicky driving it....

> Having studied one in the flesh in detail yesterday, I have to say it's
> a huge disappointment. I certainly wouldn't pay the kind of money being
> asked for it.

hmm - interesting you say that. What didn't you like ? I almost crash my
156 everytime I pass the local garage as I crane my kneck drooling at
the ones in the showroom...
Old May 1st 06, 10:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

NC > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Graham > wrote:
> >

> >>http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
> >>
> >>And Vicky driving it....

> > Having studied one in the flesh in detail yesterday, I have to say it's
> > a huge disappointment. I certainly wouldn't pay the kind of money being
> > asked for it.
> >

> hmm - interesting you say that. What didn't you like ? I almost crash my
> 156 everytime I pass the local garage as I crane my kneck drooling at
> the ones in the showroom...

Well, the 159 appears to be a fairly stylish, but very worthy middle
management car, the Brera is just a coupe version of the same thing.
Both suffer from VW-esque ride height and interiors.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 1st 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH > wrote:

> NC > wrote:
>
> > SteveH wrote:

> > > Having studied one in the flesh in detail yesterday, I have to say it's
> > > a huge disappointment. I certainly wouldn't pay the kind of money being
> > > asked for it.
> > >

> > hmm - interesting you say that. What didn't you like ? I almost crash my
> > 156 everytime I pass the local garage as I crane my kneck drooling at
> > the ones in the showroom...

> Well, the 159 appears to be a fairly stylish, but very worthy middle
> management car, the Brera is just a coupe version of the same thing.
> Both suffer from VW-esque ride height and interiors.

Bad form and all that..... but, if I had the money for a Brera, I'd be
buying an SZ instead.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 1st 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

In article > ,
(SteveH) wrote:

> SteveH > wrote:
>
> > NC > wrote:

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410

> > > hmm - interesting you say that. What didn't you like ? I almost crash my
> > > 156 everytime I pass the local garage as I crane my kneck drooling at
> > > the ones in the showroom...

> > Well, the 159 appears to be a fairly stylish, but very worthy middle
> > management car, the Brera is just a coupe version of the same thing.
> > Both suffer from VW-esque ride height and interiors.

> Bad form and all that..... but, if I had the money for a Brera, I'd be
> buying an SZ instead.

Good thinking. Be aware however that because of the SZ's aluminum over
steel tubing, that most of those cars have serious electrolysis problems
and coach work on aluminum skins is tres cher. So if you buy, make sure
that you buy a very good one.

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men
Old May 2nd 06, 12:55 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

No, me neither.

I ought to replace the GTA this year, but I just can't see an Alfa in
the current crop that's going to appeal; the Brera has been compromised
somewhere along the way from the original concept. I'll be keeping
this one at this rate.

<sigh>

Paul
156 GTA

Old May 2nd 06, 07:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Missed it last night- but it's repeated at midnight tonight (Tuesday). Worth
staying up for???

"Oggy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> No, me neither.
>
> I ought to replace the GTA this year, but I just can't see an Alfa in
> the current crop that's going to appeal; the Brera has been compromised
> somewhere along the way from the original concept. I'll be keeping
> this one at this rate.
>
> <sigh>
>
> Paul
> 156 GTA

Know exaxtly what you mean.
Steve
156 GTA

Old May 2nd 06, 08:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Tue, 2 May 2006 19:11:18 +0100, "Steve Byatt"
>, wrote:

>Missed it last night- but it's repeated at midnight tonight (Tuesday). Worth
>staying up for???

In one word. No.
In several words. Not for any part of the program.
Stupid moo can't even remember her own life.
Totally forgot how much she loved the 156, so how
does she remember other comparisons I wonder?
A waste of 45 mins.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old May 2nd 06, 08:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Thanks Pete. I think I mentioned before that I own the car that the Top Gear
team allegedly used for the GTA review before swapping it for a sexier red
one. I've had it confirmed that mine was indeed the press/media one used for
a number of reviews (and it is almost the same reg no. as the one on the
telly). To find that she seems to have lost the plt is pretty disappointing.
Oh well.
Steve

Old May 2nd 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Pete wrote:

> On Tue, 2 May 2006 19:11:18 +0100, "Steve Byatt"
> >, wrote:
>
>>Missed it last night- but it's repeated at midnight tonight (Tuesday).
>>Worth staying up for???

> In one word. No.
> In several words. Not for any part of the program.
> Stupid moo can't even remember her own life.
> Totally forgot how much she loved the 156, so how
> does she remember other comparisons I wonder?

She certainly did appear to have some medium term memory issues.....
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old May 5th 06, 11:19 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:42:12 +0100, "Graham" >
wrote:

>http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
>
>And Vicky driving it....
>
>Graham

All very confusing.

The 147 is due for replacement soon. I've started looking out for
contenders but it's proving very hard.

The Brera (3.2) is in the running - partly because the other car is a
Jag X-Type 3.0 with 4wd - and I like the 4wd setup very much - but
mostly because I used to have the Brera concept car as my wallpaper
and used to think "it'll never happen..."!

Another option is the Nissan 350Z roadster. That would be a really
sensible move with wind in your hair to boot. The Mazda RX8 Evolution
looks like fun too.

New style TT? No way. Boxster? Nein. SLK 280? "snip snip".

But what's it really like? Does it fall far short of expectations or
were expectations set unrealistically high to start with?

Jake
--
Address munged but valid - remove mungbeans.

Illegal Immigration, the Non-Issue of the Week?????????????? Expert Humor Ford Mustang 0 March 31st 06 05:17 AM
Illegal Immigration, the Non-Issue of the Week?????????????? Expert Humor Honda 0 March 31st 06 05:16 AM
Fourth week question of Audi Game robin Audi 1 August 17th 05 12:48 PM
Brera [email protected] Alfa Romeo 2 July 2nd 05 10:02 PM
Brera and 159 at Goodwood ninja Alfa Romeo 2 June 28th 05 10:52 AM