rFactor FF problem

Old September 29th 05, 02:09 PM
Darryl Johnson

PJL wrote in :

>> > I'm still using my old Logitech Wingman Formula Force USB
>> > wheel. Never had a problem with it in any game (other than it
>> > overheats sometimes) Best damn wheel ever.
>> >

>> Me too. That old Logi wheel has been going since sometime in
>> '98. I got a free spare one a year later, thinking that "surely
>> it will die on me sooner or later": it's still in the back of
>> the closet. Never had any problem with any game I've tried it
>> with, including an original demo of LFS and the latest version
>> of rFactor.
>>
>> --
>> Darryl

> What settings are you guys using for your wheel and what
> settings for FF? I have the same wheel and was playing rFactor
> on-line and just about got myself kicked out of a race because
> my wheel was being very unresponsive and I kept turning too late
> and ended up running into other players (honest!!!). I was given
> a reprieve when I explained the latency and general sloppy
> response from my Logitech FF; however, I was only able to get
> minimal help because most of the other Logitech racers were
> using the Momo.
>
> Thanks,
>
> PJ

From memory, so be cautious!

FF set to FULL

Sensitivity set to 100% on the three axis that matter (X =
steering, and whatever the two are for brake and throttle)

Dead Zone set to smallest value (10% I think) for the three axis

In my setups, I find setting the braking pressure to about 80-90%
helps with brake "feel".

There's one other value I can't recall, something to do with
steering as well, I have it set to about 60%.

The wheel itself is set to 100% FF effects, centring spring is ON
and SPLIT AXIS is checked.

HTH,
--
Darryl
Old September 29th 05, 03:18 PM
PJL

Thanks, I will try your suggestions.

.. .

Old September 29th 05, 05:36 PM
Larry

Can someone please explain that Digital Rate stuff? I still don't get it.

-Larry

oups.com...

Old September 29th 05, 08:11 PM

Yea, are all the different control variables documented somewhere? I'd
also like to know about all the sound variables too.

Old September 30th 05, 12:23 AM
Dave Henrie

"Larry" > wrote in news:jKU_e.3197$B%5.3087@lakeread06:

> Can someone please explain that Digital Rate stuff? I still don't get
> it.
>
> -Larry

Most of the stuff on the screen for the digital settings are for users
with digital gamepads or keyboard drivers. About all you need on that page
is the speed sensitivity...<exact name is blank right now> I turn that
off. It is designed to help smooth out high speed driving..so OBVIOUSLY I
don't need it... No really, it's like a filter that averages out your
inputs, and thus crops off some of your input.
You can mollify a nervous car in the setups with the steering lock
percentage. Smaller steering lock % is a less twichy car.
Old September 30th 05, 03:03 PM

So if you are using an analog device, do the digital settings even do
anything? If not, they should be blacked out when an analog device is
chosen. If the digital "delay" is being applied to analog devices that
would be a bad thing...

Pat Dotson

Old September 30th 05, 04:07 PM
Larry

Cool, so set all the digital stuff to as low as possible, right?

-Larry

. 97.136...

Old September 30th 05, 05:32 PM
Dave Henrie

"Larry" > wrote in news:Owc%e.10033$B%5.7096@lakeread06:

> Cool, so set all the digital stuff to as low as possible, right?
>
> -Larry
>
> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
>> "Larry" > wrote in news:jKU_e.3197$B%5.3087@lakeread06:
>>
>>> Can someone please explain that Digital Rate stuff? I still don't
>>> get it.
>>>
>>> -Larry

>> Most of the stuff on the screen for the digital settings are for
>> users
>> with digital gamepads or keyboard drivers. About all you need on
>> that page
>> is the speed sensitivity...<exact name is blank right now> I turn
>> that off. It is designed to help smooth out high speed driving..so
>> OBVIOUSLY I don't need it... No really, it's like a filter that
>> averages out your inputs, and thus crops off some of your input.
>> You can mollify a nervous car in the setups with the steering lock
>> percentage. Smaller steering lock % is a less twichy car.

I don't even bother with the digital settings. I haven't touched any of
those from way back to f1 2001. You could try a little experiment and set
them to full on, then drive some then go back and set them to zero and see
if anything changes.
Except for the Speed Sensitivity, they shouldn't affect a wheel. Pat's
idea about greying them out is good, he should post that in the requested
features thread at RSC.
dh