Hyper Stimulator players?

Old September 18th 05, 02:37 PM
JML

Default Hyper Stimulator players?

Hi, looking for experiences from someone who has driven Hyper Stimulator in
race centre or other locations?

Here`s a link what I mean:

http://www.hyperstimulator.com/

Old September 18th 05, 05:08 PM
Remco Moedt

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:37:12 GMT, "JML" > wrote:

>Hi, looking for experiences from someone who has driven Hyper Stimulator in
>race centre or other locations?

Well, I did....I also do in my living room...

Cheers!

Remco

Old September 18th 05, 10:04 PM
ljar1

I must update this site http://www.sideways.freeservers.com/ The best
fun u can have with your gear on LoL .

hyper

Old September 19th 05, 12:59 AM
Subie25L

There used to be one in Sydney quite a few years ago and i used to attend
regularly for races there.

I found them to be very comfortable for long races and the controls feel
solid and well built. The software for the button controls works ok and an
is easy to use. It is great having 12 buttons on the wheel.
I actually drove better in a Hyperstim than with my wheel at home. Not sure
if it was the seating position or the controls or a combo of both.

They now have a version you can buy to attach a normal PC or PS2 wheel -
Great for the DFP.

Old September 19th 05, 12:37 PM
Asgeir Nesoen

This is what you want if you have the room to fit a hyperstimulator in
your house:
http://www.force-dynamics.com/

What is the point in having a hyperstim? What does it add to the experience?

---A---

Old September 19th 05, 03:14 PM
Remco Moedt

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:37:41 +0200, Asgeir Nesoen
> wrote:

>What is the point in having a hyperstim? What does it add to the experience?

The reason I bought an hyperstim was that my ankles didn't like the
pedals I used back then. (GP500 from Digital Edge, IIRC) When driving
longer thena 30 minutes I did hurt too much to enjoy it. With the
hyper I can race for hours without problems, and as a bonus I get a
much better brakingpedal, and a wheel with 300 degrees turning radius,
unlike the Momo Force, which has no feel in the brakepedal, and a
steering radius of only 180 degrees, so you easily overcorrect.

Is the hyper expensive? You bet, I paid about 2200 euro in 1998. But
then, it's still going strong, and how many wheels did you buy since
1998? And how much trouble did you've with those?

Are there downsides? Yup. No ForceFeed back, and some buttons on the
wheel don't work all the time. I must confes I don't like FFThe
original potentiometers are too cheap, and wear out soon. I replaced
mine with high end Spectrol pots, about 4 years ago, and still no
jitter.

Cheers!

Remco

Old September 19th 05, 04:53 PM
JML

> Are there downsides? Yup. No ForceFeed back, and some buttons on the
> wheel don't work all the time. I must confes I don't like FFThe
> original potentiometers are too cheap, and wear out soon. I replaced
> mine with high end Spectrol pots, about 4 years ago, and still no
> jitter.

Thanks for interesting comment. What do you mean by FF in Hyper? I dont know
the product well but is there some forceFeedback kind of thing or what do
you mean?

You mentioned, you don`t like FF. Ist this something that is as natural in
racing gas and breake, is Hyper just a wheel without any "resistance".

Old September 19th 05, 04:55 PM
JML

Any idea of the price and does it work also, I mean not in a demo vidoes
where it looks like a mad man`s consept. Beatufill is sure isnt, maybe then
realistic?

"Asgeir Nesoen" > kirjoitti

Old September 19th 05, 06:50 PM
Remco Moedt

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:53:47 GMT, "JML" > wrote:

>> Are there downsides? Yup. No ForceFeed back, and some buttons on the
>> wheel don't work all the time. I must confes I don't like FFThe
>> original potentiometers are too cheap, and wear out soon. I replaced
>> mine with high end Spectrol pots, about 4 years ago, and still no
>> jitter.

>Thanks for interesting comment. What do you mean by FF in Hyper? I dont know
>the product well but is there some forceFeedback kind of thing or what do
>you mean?

There is no FF in an Hyper, appart from the seatshaker, but that thing
works in the sound.

>You mentioned, you don`t like FF. Ist this something that is as natural in
>racing gas and breake, is Hyper just a wheel without any "resistance".

There is resistance, created by a bungee cord. It's not progressive,
but linear. However, you can steer very precise with it. The reason I
don't like FF is that it doesn't make me faster. As a matter of fact,
I find myself fighting the FF more than that it is an aid. I also own
a Logitech Formula Force.

Cheers!

Remco

Old September 19th 05, 08:38 PM
ymenard

>"Asgeir Nesoen" > wrote
> What is the point in having a hyperstim? What does it add to the
> experience?

Well that's like "What's the point in having a Mercedes?" It adds nothing
at going from point A to point B.

The idea of the hyperstim was good 5 years ago, but nowadays its much easier
to do a DIY kit with a solid FF wheel.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez