400 HP or more?

Old May 16th 05, 05:09 PM

Yes and "should" never means the same thing as "does".

Old May 16th 05, 06:13 PM
Bill 2

"Mel" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Which unmodified new cars have more than 400 HP, are generally
> available, and cost less than $40,000? GTO? Special Mustangs?
>
> As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally available
> can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than $40,000?

Dodge SRT-4 0-60 in 5.6.

You could get a pair for $40 000.

I think they have ~230HP, 250 lb-ft torque, which for a compact car is quite
ridiculous.

Old May 16th 05, 06:46 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Mel wrote:
> Which unmodified new cars have more than 400 HP, are generally
> available, and cost less than $40,000? GTO? Special Mustangs?
>
> As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally available
> can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than

$40,000?

Why do you want a gas-guzzler? Do you want our troops dying in iraq?

Old May 16th 05, 06:48 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 5/16/2005 10:46 AM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Mel wrote:
>
>>Which unmodified new cars have more than 400 HP, are generally
>>available, and cost less than $40,000? GTO? Special Mustangs?
>>
>>As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally available
>>can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than $40,000?

> Why do you want a gas-guzzler?

Who said anything about a gas guzzler?

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old May 16th 05, 07:09 PM
Roy Shroyer

"223rem" > wrote in message
.. .
> Roy Shroyer wrote:

> And I'm pretty sure it handles much better than the Mustang with
> that solid rear axle.

I don't know about that. It does have a stiff chassis. In fact the
stiffest of any fwd car I've driven.

However it can go into oversteer pretty easily.

Mainly, it is just a quick car for its size and price. Top speed is
magazine tested at 147 mph. Not bad for a shade over $22k.

Roy

Old May 16th 05, 07:14 PM
Roy Shroyer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yes and "should" never means the same thing as "does".

Ok. Motortrend magazine recorded 5.9 seconds 0-60 times on a bone stock
Altima 3.5SE 5MT. They said at that time "Its the fastest front wheel drive
car we've ever tested".

Removing the resonator from my car netted consistent 1.5 mph increases in
trap speed and .2 second reduction in 1/4 mile ETs. This was over about 30
runs.

with a 2.19 60ft time IS mid 5 second 0-60 times.
Realistically, 0-60 is a poor measurement of actual performance due to the
many variables present when accelerating from a dead stop to that speed. 1/4
mile MPH is repeatable and less subject to vagaries such as tire pressure,
bad start etc. My experience with drag racing indicates that the trap speed
will not vary like the elapsed times over the course of a night of racing.

Of course, internet racers love to debate 0-60 times. They'll nitpick 10ths
of a second to prove their car is faster. Is this where you're going?

There you go.

Roy

Old May 16th 05, 09:00 PM
Paul

On Mon, 16 May 2005 10:48:17 -0700, Garth Almgren , said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

<snip>
<judy's crap sent to a hazardous waste facility>
<a little more snip>

> Who said anything about a gas guzzler?

I get the impression that SFB is jealous.....

Old May 16th 05, 10:54 PM
James C. Reeves

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> You're so full of ****. If anything you're the left lane blocker, and
> for your information I do have a powerful car to drive around idiot
> LLB's on the road such as yourself.

Scott en Aztlán a LLB! Well, I'm shocked. ;-)

Old May 17th 05, 03:10 AM
Paul

On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:54:35 -0400, James C. Reeves , said the following=20
in rec.autos.driving...=20

>=20
> > wrote in message=20
> oups.com...
> > You're so full of ****. If anything you're the left lane blocker, and
> > for your information I do have a powerful car to drive around idiot
> > LLB's on the road such as yourself.
> >

>=20
> Scott en Aztl=E1n a LLB! Well, I'm shocked. ;-)=20

The day that Scott is an LLB is the day that you can stop the world and=20
let me off, because the whole world will have gone completely insane....

;-P
=20