LLB/MFFY nearly causes a crash today on the way to work.

Old July 3rd 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

Default LLB/MFFY nearly causes a crash today on the way to work.

Driving S on I-75 in the Detroit area. I'm in the left lane, traffic
is moving at the SL of 70mph. Middle and right lane is slightly
slower. Traffic is relatively light because of the holiday (which
means we're not going 30-40mph).

Everything is wonderful, traffic moving quite smoothly... until
jackass about 6 cars ahead of me decides he MUST move to the RIGHT,
NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!

SLAM! Goes his brakes. Everyone hits the brakes hard, as this moron
reduces his speed all the way down to 35mph. Thankfully everyone had
a safe distance between them and was paying attention. Now moron is
going 35mph, and cars to the right of him are now passing all of us.

So moron decides he's going slow enough to cut off everyone in the
middle lane. SLAM goes the brakes for the middle laners, as they slow
from about 65 to 35. This is on a ****ING HIGHWAY.

It was incredible there wasn't a wreck on this one. Note to Judy:
Notice NOBODY was speeding, however there was ONE asshole that was
breaking the law.

Old July 3rd 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

Larry Bud wrote:
>Driving S on I-75 in the Detroit area. I'm in the left lane, traffic
>is moving at the SL of 70mph. Middle and right lane is slightly
>slower. Traffic is relatively light because of the holiday (which
>means we're not going 30-40mph).
>
>Everything is wonderful, traffic moving quite smoothly... until
>jackass about 6 cars ahead of me decides he MUST move to the RIGHT,
>NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!
>
>SLAM! Goes his brakes. Everyone hits the brakes hard, as this moron
>reduces his speed all the way down to 35mph. Thankfully everyone had
>a safe distance between them and was paying attention. Now moron is
>going 35mph, and cars to the right of him are now passing all of us.
>
>So moron decides he's going slow enough to cut off everyone in the
>middle lane. SLAM goes the brakes for the middle laners, as they slow
>from about 65 to 35. This is on a ****ING HIGHWAY.
>
>It was incredible there wasn't a wreck on this one. Note to Judy:
>Notice NOBODY was speeding, however there was ONE asshole that was
>breaking the law.

Par for the course, but on an obviously smaller scale, for my area.

Keep paying attention, so you won't be a victim of such darwinistic
acts in the future.

And whatever you do, don't express rage over the incompetent driver's
lack of regards for the safety of others; you might get charged.

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old July 3rd 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
!

On Jul 3, 12:12 pm, Larry Bud > wrote:
> It was incredible there wasn't a wreck on this one. Note to Judy:
> Notice NOBODY was speeding, however there was ONE asshole that was
> breaking the law.

I've seen a similar situation. A couple of cars ahead of me, some
moron did the same thing. After I slammed on the brakes to keep from
hitting him, I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw a SUV a few
cars back, hit the median wall and roll a couple of times, apparently
trying to keep from hitting someone in front of him.

I found out later that the driver of the SUV was injured. Of course,
the person that actually caused the accident, the moron slamming on
their brakes to cross all lanes of traffic, got off scot free.