Woman Hurls Dairy Queen Blizzard at Car in Road Rage

Old June 30th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,misc.consumers

Default Woman Hurls Dairy Queen Blizzard at Car in Road Rage

Woman Hurls Dairy Queen Blizzard at Car in Road Rage
Incident is Second Known Case Involving Fast-Food Item Thrown at
Motorist
By Bill Brubaker
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, June 29, 2007; 6:56 PM

A lane change.

A finger.

And -- splat! -- a Dairy Queen Blizzard.

Police say that is what happened this week in the second known road
rage case in a year involving a fast-food item hurled at a motorist in
Virginia's Interstate 95 corridor.

Spotsylvania County authorities arrested Latasha M. Johnson, 25, of
Stafford, after she allegedly threw a Blizzard Flavor Treat on another
car on Route 1 in Massaponax, just south of Fredericksburg.

Johnson was charged with throwing a missile at an occupied vehicle --
a felony charge that attracted national attention when another 25-year-
old woman was convicted of the same offense in January.

That caper came to be known as the "McMissile" case because the fast
food item in question was a large McDonald's cup filled with ice.

The Blizzard case has some of the same markings as McMissile, though
Johnson was in the passenger's seat when she allegedly vented her
anger.

Jessica Hall, of Jacksonville, N.C., said she threw the McDonald's cup
in frustration last July 2 when another driver cut in front of her
twice on Interstate 95. The unemployed mother of three whose Marine
husband was serving in Iraq became an object of sympathy from people
across the nation who felt her jail sentence -- two years -- was too
harsh. She ended up serving seven weeks before being released to her
family and a crush of media.

Wednesday's incident unfolded around 5:15 p.m. when the alleged victim
-- a 30-year-old woman driving a Ford Explorer -- changed from the
right to the left lane on Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 1).

The woman looked in her rearview mirror and noticed the driver of an
Oldsmobile making an obscene gesture at her.

"She was giving her the, ah, finger, gesture," Spotsylvania sheriff's
spokeswoman Sgt. Liz Enslen said today.

The Explorer driver, whose name was not released by the sheriff's
office, quickly responded.

"She gave her the gesture back," Enslen said.

The Oldsmobile driver apparently followed the Explorer driver into a
nearby subdivision, where Johnson threw a cup of Bizzard out of the
Olds' front passenger window.

The ice cream-and-candy treat smeared parts of the Explorer, including
the hood and driver's-side door, authorities said.

Enslen said she did not know the flavor of the Blizzard that Johnson
tossed. The most popular flavors, according to Dairy Queen's Web site,
are Butterfinger, Oreo Cookie, Chocolate Chip cookie dough and Reese's
Peanut Butter Cup. The flavor of the month is Kit Kat.

The Explorer driver wrote down the Oldsmobile's license plate number,
then phoned the sheriff's office. Deputy Brian Hammond responded, took
a report and contacted the owner of the Oldsmobile, who gave him
Johnson's name.

"The woman who was driving the Oldsmobile said that the victim cut her
off when she switched from the right lane to the left lane," Enslen
said. "And that, I think, is what made them angry enough to, you know,
give that gesture."

Johnson admitted to Hammond that she threw the Blizzard and was
arrested, Enslen said. She appeared before a magistrate Wednesday
night and was released on $2,000 bond. She faces a sentence that could
range from one to five years in prison or up to 12 months in the
county jail and/or a $2,500 fine, authorities said.

Johnson did not respond to a telephone message left on her home
answering machine today. Virginia driving records show she has paid
fines for driving with an expired registration in 2001 and for
speeding four times between 2000 and 2003.

Old June 30th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Someone said this:

<< reply limited to r.a.d >>

> Woman Hurls Dairy Queen Blizzard at Car in Road Rage
> Incident is Second Known Case Involving Fast-Food Item Thrown at
> Motorist
> By Bill Brubaker
> Washington Post Staff Writer
> Friday, June 29, 2007; 6:56 PM
>
> A lane change.
>
> A finger.
>
> And -- splat! -- a Dairy Queen Blizzard.
>
> Police say that is what happened this week in the second known road
> rage case in a year involving a fast-food item hurled at a motorist in
> Virginia's Interstate 95 corridor.
>
> Spotsylvania County authorities arrested Latasha M. Johnson, 25, of
> Stafford, after she allegedly threw a Blizzard Flavor Treat on another
> car on Route 1 in Massaponax, just south of Fredericksburg.

S&DDAM, are you listening??

> Johnson was charged with throwing a missile at an occupied vehicle --
> a felony charge that attracted national attention when another 25-year-
> old woman was convicted of the same offense in January.

Throw your marbles and I hope they throw the book at you.....

> That caper came to be known as the "McMissile" case because the fast
> food item in question was a large McDonald's cup filled with ice.
>
> The Blizzard case has some of the same markings as McMissile, though
> Johnson was in the passenger's seat when she allegedly vented her
> anger.
>
> Jessica Hall, of Jacksonville, N.C., said she threw the McDonald's cup
> in frustration last July 2 when another driver cut in front of her
> twice on Interstate 95. The unemployed mother of three whose Marine
> husband was serving in Iraq became an object of sympathy from people
> across the nation who felt her jail sentence -- two years -- was too
> harsh. She ended up serving seven weeks before being released to her
> family and a crush of media.

AH, yes, JLEDI at its finest. No wonder this country is run by criminals
from the whitehouse on down......

--
Loco laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE shows us how stupid it really is
and that foreign royalty deserves preferential treatment:

"This driver killed two people!! Don't portray her as representing
the american people!!! I hope she's locked up forever and i don't
care if she killed a king or a homeless bum."
-- laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE, 7/13/06

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/g2fea
Message ID:
Old June 30th 07, 11:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,misc.consumers
!

Unless it causes an accident or damage, they shouldn't get more than a
fine for littering, I'd think.

Old June 30th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,misc.consumers
Greg

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 03:19:17 -0700, ! >
wrote:

>Unless it causes an accident or damage, they shouldn't get more than a
>fine for littering, I'd think.

You would be a very lenient judge, if you could get a spot on the
bench.

Greg
Old June 30th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Greg > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 03:19:17 -0700, ! >
> wrote:
>
>>Unless it causes an accident or damage, they shouldn't get more than a
>>fine for littering, I'd think.

> You would be a very lenient judge, if you could get a spot on the
> bench.
>
> Greg

In Florida,it is illegal to throw ANY item at a moving motor vehicle.
It's an assault,just like if you threw something at a person.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 1st 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> What about those indignant pedalcyclists who slap fenders or whack
> cars with their Kryptonite locks? Technically, striking the car with
> your hand or with a heavy object is not "throwing" something since no
> missile actually leaves your hand (or other launching mechanism).

What about motorists who hit me with their side mirror?

Old July 1st 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,misc.consumers
BREAKING NEWS

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Woman Hurls Dairy Queen Blizzard at Car in Road Rage
> Incident is Second Known Case Involving Fast-Food Item Thrown at
> Motorist

This is devastating. Can we make sense of road rage?

Old July 1st 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,misc.consumers
rick++

> Unless it causes an accident or damage, they shouldn't get more than a
> fine for littering, I'd think.

Missile laws were created for kids through things off of bridges.
But any object can be deadly if thrown at a moving car, even from
a pedestrian.

Old July 1st 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,misc.consumers
Rod Speed[_1_]

BREAKING NEWS > wrote
> > wrote

>> Woman Hurls Dairy Queen Blizzard at Car in Road Rage Incident is Second Known Case Involving
>> Fast-Food Item Thrown at Motorist

> This is devastating.

Nope, doesnt happen often enough to be anything like devestating.

More get shot from another car than get splattered with dairy queen.

> Can we make sense of road rage?

Can we make sense of any rage ?

Nope.

Road Rage Carwars Car Show Photos 0 March 3rd 07 03:01 AM
Old Age Road Rage necromancer Driving 0 April 7th 06 10:03 PM
Where's the road rage? 223rem Driving 28 October 15th 05 05:18 AM
GOT ROAD RAGE? ihateyourdrivingDOTcom 4x4 1 February 17th 05 03:40 AM
drive with kindness (road peace instead of road rage) dash2 Driving 42 January 6th 05 08:32 PM