Happy Alfa Post

Old September 2nd 08, 11:14 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_10_]

Default Happy Alfa Post

"Catman" > wrote in message
m...
> GT wrote:

>>> Oddly enough the original magnet is attached to my wrist where it
>>> improves the performance of my knee which was once squashed between two
>>> car bumpers in the days when they were made of shiny metal.
>>>
>>> This worked so well that I purchased a second magnet which sits astride
>>> the fuel line on my 146 and gives me increased mpg.

>> Simple question - how?
>>
>> I would suspect that the device actually does nothing other than make you
>> think about fuel consumption and as a result, drive slightly more
>> efficiently!

> Is the correct answer.

I knew my special fuel efficiency hat was increasing my mpg, but I had just
put it down to 'that science'!

Old September 2nd 08, 12:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
John Chapman

GT wrote:

>>> Simple question - how?
>>>
>>> I would suspect that the device actually does nothing other than make you
>>> think about fuel consumption and as a result, drive slightly more
>>> efficiently!

>> Is the correct answer.

You may well be right.

I am not entirely sure how it works.

Greater scientific minds than mine claim that the circulation of the
blood is improved by being passed through a strong magnetic force.

All I know is this:
My knee was injured in a car accident and was getting twinges so that
I noticed it when I climbed stairs.
Now I wear a magnet on my wrist I can run upstairs 2 at a time again.

My dad has lost some of the pain in his arm since he started to wear a
magnet.

The best success has been achieved by my sister-in-law's dog.
He was getting old and could not get around too well.
He was fitted with a magnetic collar and then could jump up to places
which he had previously been unable to reach.

The mpg on my Alfa 146 was 34 up to 69k miles.
I then fitted a magnet and the mpg between
69k and 92k has gone up to 37.

Of course you do not need to believe any of this and you may believe me
to be a complete but Alfa owning lunatic but I pass
it on in the Happy Alfa spirit of this group which has provided me with
excellent answers to my previous questions.
Please note I am not selling anything here nor do I receive a rake off
on any sales of the product I have bought which is not advertised but is
purchased by personal recommendation and word of mouth.
Old September 2nd 08, 01:14 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_10_]

"John Chapman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:

[snip] - magnets and fuel economy improvements

> All I know is this:
> My knee was injured in a car accident and was getting twinges so that
> I noticed it when I climbed stairs.
> Now I wear a magnet on my wrist I can run upstairs 2 at a time again.
>
> My dad has lost some of the pain in his arm since he started to wear a
> magnet.
>
> The best success has been achieved by my sister-in-law's dog.
> He was getting old and could not get around too well.
> He was fitted with a magnetic collar and then could jump up to places
> which he had previously been unable to reach.

Did those places have an electromagnet device above them?

Perhaps the olympic high jumpers should look into this.

> The mpg on my Alfa 146 was 34 up to 69k miles.
> I then fitted a magnet and the mpg between
> 69k and 92k has gone up to 37.
>
> Of course you do not need to believe any of this and you may believe me to
> be a complete but Alfa owning lunatic but I pass
> it on in the Happy Alfa spirit of this group which has provided me with
> excellent answers to my previous questions.

I just wonder why Alfa don't fit them as standard - a magnet wouldn't add
much to the price of a car! Higher economy must mean lower emmisions, so it
might even move some cars into a lower tax group.

> Please note I am not selling anything here nor do I receive a rake off
> on any sales of the product I have bought which is not advertised but is
> purchased by personal recommendation and word of mouth.

I know we (I) are taking the **** a bit, but if it works for you then fair
enough. No offense intended.

Old September 2nd 08, 04:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Halmyre[_2_]

In article >,
says...
> "Dave Savage" > wrote in message
> >
> > "GT" > wrote in message
> >
> >> Also the front speakers occasionally stop working on one side (either
> >> side) - the fix for that is to turn the volume up high for a moment and
> >> they spring back to life for another day or two. Seems like a duff
> >> connection or a dirty contact. Other than that all is going well...
> >>
> >> GT

> > Ooh - how I laughed !!!
> >
> > My 156 has just celebrated its 10th birthday (I bought it new in August
> > 1998) - for years the front speakers have been playing up (excuse the pun)
> > every now and then - either side fails at random. The cure in my case is
> > either (a) "twiddle" the controls for the rear electric windows, or (b) do
> > nothing and with a bit of luck the problem goes away eventually . I know,
> > you don't believe me, but method (a) generally works (unless I'm
> > demonstrating the problem to any sceptical mechanic, when the car behaves
> > impeccably).

> Well that just sounds odd because my rear windows have those handle things
> that you turn. When you turn them one way the window goes down and when you
> turn them the other way, the window goes up - I think they could catch on!

We used to dream of having wind-up windows...

--
Halmyre

That's you that is.
Old September 2nd 08, 05:40 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
John Chapman

GT wrote:

> I know we (I) are taking the **** a bit, but if it works for you then fair
> enough. No offense intended.

And absolutely none taken.

It works for me and other members of my family and my Alfa and that's
all I'm looking for.
The biggest **** take was from my good lady who found it very amusing
that I purchased my first magnet from a shop which I had previously
described as a "Freak food shop."
Old September 4th 08, 11:27 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
eddiealfanut

GT wrote:
> This group is too quiet!
>
> Lets start a happy topic (hopefully) - How are everyone's alfas going?

Fabulous thanks!

> Mine has now topped 65k miles. Oct 2002 (52 plate) 2.0JTS Turismo dark blue.

'92 75LE
'91 Spider S4 2.0

Well my 75 I don't really know how to count as it's on its second engine
(second-hand). ;-) But the odometer shows 80K.

The Spider is at 54K

> Also the front
> speakers occasionally stop working on one side (either side)

Tee hee, just replaced the rear speakers in the 75 as one had packed it
in; but then she is 16 years old now....

> GT

Both still an absolute pleasure to drive around; the 75's a hooligan,
but the Spider is oh-so pleasant when one gets the chance to drop the roof.

Cheers,

Ed.
http://www.AlfaSmiths.com