is jaybird still around?

Old June 12th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default is jaybird still around?

Jaybird, if you're still around, you might want to check this out:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1800.asp

"Texas DOT to Install Federally Funded Highway Speed Cameras -
Despite the opposition of the state legislature, the Texas Department of
Transportation proposes a federally funded speed camera test."

would be interested in your thoughts on this...

Of course, I ASSume that police officers would not be cited under this
program. Sort of like the Maryland state cop that sucked my windows out
at about 85-90 in a 65 yesterday, tailgated a LLBer, passed him on the
right, tailgated the guy in the number 2 lane, then cut off the LLBer
and continued on... no lights, siren, or even directionals of course.
I'm honestly not trolling, just really bitter. This was about two miles
away from where an unmarked cop got me for "73 in a 55" a couple years
ago - I was actually doing about 65ish and hey, whaddaya know, next time
I drove that section of road, the posted limit didn't drop to 55 until
after he'd already lit me up, so the ticket that I originally thought I
"kind-of" deserved turned out to be complete BS... This was also not
far from where I saw one of those big electronic signs warning me I was
in an "aggressive driving enforcement zone." What a crock of ****.
Statie should have written HIMSELF a ticket. I was ****ed enough if he
hadn't been going too fast I would have taken down his number and
complained (I think they put them on the cars real small for a reason)

OK, so I spent more of my post on a side rant than I did on the point I
was trying to make, but whatever...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old June 12th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
The Man Behind The Curtain

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Jaybird, if you're still around, you might want to check this out:
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1800.asp
>
> "Texas DOT to Install Federally Funded Highway Speed Cameras -
> Despite the opposition of the state legislature, the Texas Department of
> Transportation proposes a federally funded speed camera test."
>
> would be interested in your thoughts on this...
>
> Of course, I ASSume that police officers would not be cited under this
> program. Sort of like the Maryland state cop that sucked my windows out
> at about 85-90 in a 65 yesterday, tailgated a LLBer, passed him on the
> right, tailgated the guy in the number 2 lane, then cut off the LLBer
> and continued on... no lights, siren, or even directionals of course.
> I'm honestly not trolling, just really bitter. This was about two miles
> away from where an unmarked cop got me for "73 in a 55" a couple years
> ago - I was actually doing about 65ish and hey, whaddaya know, next time
> I drove that section of road, the posted limit didn't drop to 55 until
> after he'd already lit me up, so the ticket that I originally thought I
> "kind-of" deserved turned out to be complete BS... This was also not
> far from where I saw one of those big electronic signs warning me I was
> in an "aggressive driving enforcement zone." What a crock of ****.
> Statie should have written HIMSELF a ticket. I was ****ed enough if he
> hadn't been going too fast I would have taken down his number and
> complained (I think they put them on the cars real small for a reason)
>
> OK, so I spent more of my post on a side rant than I did on the point I
> was trying to make, but whatever...
>
> nate

Jaybag will never answer anything like that. The truth hurts and
besides, he's busy, hem, "saving lives."

John

Old June 12th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
!

Hopefully he lost control of his cruiser and plowed into a tree while
trying to pull someone over for doing 6 over the limit.

Remember! Speed Kills! Except cops, that's okay. They drove around in
a parking lot with cones, so the law doesn't apply to them.

Old June 12th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
The Man Behind The Curtain

! wrote:
> Hopefully he lost control of his cruiser and plowed into a tree while
> trying to pull someone over for doing 6 over the limit.

Or just while trying to make a sharp U-turn after seeing a sign that
said DONUT SALE -- BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE!!

John

Old June 13th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
jaybird

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> Jaybird, if you're still around, you might want to check this out:
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1800.asp
>
> "Texas DOT to Install Federally Funded Highway Speed Cameras -
> Despite the opposition of the state legislature, the Texas Department of
> Transportation proposes a federally funded speed camera test."
>
> would be interested in your thoughts on this...
>
> Of course, I ASSume that police officers would not be cited under this
> program. Sort of like the Maryland state cop that sucked my windows out
> at about 85-90 in a 65 yesterday, tailgated a LLBer, passed him on the
> right, tailgated the guy in the number 2 lane, then cut off the LLBer and
> continued on... no lights, siren, or even directionals of course. I'm
> honestly not trolling, just really bitter. This was about two miles away
> from where an unmarked cop got me for "73 in a 55" a couple years ago - I
> was actually doing about 65ish and hey, whaddaya know, next time I drove
> that section of road, the posted limit didn't drop to 55 until after he'd
> already lit me up, so the ticket that I originally thought I "kind-of"
> deserved turned out to be complete BS... This was also not far from where
> I saw one of those big electronic signs warning me I was in an "aggressive
> driving enforcement zone." What a crock of ****. Statie should have
> written HIMSELF a ticket. I was ****ed enough if he hadn't been going too
> fast I would have taken down his number and complained (I think they put
> them on the cars real small for a reason)
>
> OK, so I spent more of my post on a side rant than I did on the point I
> was trying to make, but whatever...

I'm still around, I've just been a little burned out posting here.

jaybird

Old June 13th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

jaybird:
> I'm still around, I've just been a little burned out posting here.

Please stay burned out. Thank You.

--
"Blasphemy! You're lucky I don't cast you out or smite you or
something."
Old June 14th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

necromancer wrote:
> jaybird:
>> I'm still around, I've just been a little burned out posting here.

>Please stay burned out. Thank You.

Speaking of cops, the other night when I was on my way home, I ended
up at a signal light, with a LEO that I know in the vehicle to my
right. As our windows were down, and he knows me fairly well, he told
me if I was in a hurry to get home I should pull in behind him.

Had a police escort for that 25-30mph over the speed limit I did for
the rest of the journey home. :-)

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.

Here's one for Jaybird. MLOM Driving 3 December 21st 06 03:22 PM
WWJD (What Would Jaybird Do)? necromancer[_1_] Driving 0 October 17th 06 08:51 PM
WWJD (What Would Jaybird Do)? C. E. White[_1_] Driving 0 October 17th 06 01:06 PM
wonder if Jaybird knows this guy N8N Driving 1 May 4th 06 05:36 AM
Ping jaybird: What do you say about this? Arif Khokar Driving 8 April 21st 05 02:53 AM