a green light does not replace a blinking red left- turn arrow!

Old May 15th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default a green light does not replace a blinking red left- turn arrow!

Most left turn collisions with oncomming traffic occur at green lights-
which are found in abundance in Florida! Few left- turn collisions
occur at blinking red arrows.

In Michigan and most NORTHERN states where traffic engineers seem to
display more intelligence and are quick to react to injury and death
statistics:

A blinking red left turn arrow is well understood by all drivers to
mean: oncoming traffic has the green light and does not stop!

It's time for Florida traffic engineers to WAKE UP.

Old May 15th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Sir Ray

On May 15, 12:52 pm, " >
wrote:
> Most left turn collisions with oncomming traffic occur at green lights-
> which are found in abundance in Florida! Few left- turn collisions
> occur at blinking red arrows.
>
> In Michigan and most NORTHERN states where traffic engineers seem to
> display more intelligence and are quick to react to injury and death
> statistics:
>
> A blinking red left turn arrow is well understood by all drivers to
> mean: oncoming traffic has the green light and does not stop!
>
> It's time for Florida traffic engineers to WAKE UP.

You again - didn't we tell you to go play with the manatees or
something? Oh wait, that's right, you're from Michigan and apparently
obsessed with some intersection in Florida.

Anyway, in New York and New Jersey there are very few 'red blinking
turn arrow' signals, so most drivers (except for the hopeless few who
shouldn't have a driver's license to begin with...and may very well
not but they drive anyway) understand the whole 'yield on green ball'
concept.
Some intersections need a green arrow protected turn phase to ensure
that left turning traffic gets a chance to clear even during periods
when oncoming traffic is most heavy. Some intersections (probably a
tenth of the intersections that actually have these signals, because
the DOT loves overkill) have only a protected left turn phase, which
at times of minimal oncoming traffic is an incredible time waster (as
we readily established in an earlier thread, but which you ran away
from covering your ears and going 'lalalal...' - too bad for you).
So...well, I guess we're right back where we started from when you
first posted months ago, so I'll end this post by simply saying that,
much like SADDAM, your arguements are DIS-MISSED.

Old May 18th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Fred G. Mackey[_2_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Most left turn collisions with oncomming traffic occur at green lights-
>> which are found in abundance in Florida! Few left- turn collisions
>> occur at blinking red arrows.
>>
>> In Michigan and most NORTHERN states where traffic engineers seem to
>> display more intelligence and are quick to react to injury and death
>> statistics:
>>
>> A blinking red left turn arrow is well understood by all drivers to
>> mean: oncoming traffic has the green light and does not stop!
>>
>> It's time for Florida traffic engineers to WAKE UP.
>>

> I've never seen that. You mean the third light is green and underneath
> that is a blinking red left turn arrow? That is a good idea. Otherwise
> people in the left lane just see the green light and absentmindedly
> start to turn.

As usual, you're a ****ing moron.

I've never seen a red blinking left turn light.

A blinking red light means you're supposed to treat it as a stop sign.

OTOH, a green light with a lack of an arrow means an unprotected left.
If you don't understand that, you have no business on the road.

A green left arrow means you have a protected left, which means those
assholes in opposing lanes should be stopped, but don't trust them.
Old May 19th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>Otherwise
>people in the left lane just see the green light and absentmindedly
>start to turn.

Darwin takes care of absentminded drivers.

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old June 6th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On May 18, 12:24 am, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>

> > wrote:

> >> Most left turn collisions with oncommingtrafficoccur at green lights-
> >> which are found in abundance in Florida! Few left- turn collisions
> >> occur at blinking red arrows.

> >> In Michigan and most NORTHERN states wheretrafficengineersseem to
> >> display more intelligence and are quick to react to injury and death
> >> statistics:

> >> A blinking red left turn arrow is well understood by all drivers to
> >> mean: oncomingtraffichas the green light and does not stop!

> >> It's time for Floridatrafficengineersto WAKE UP.

> > I've never seen that. You mean the third light is green and underneath
> > that is a blinking red left turn arrow? That is a good idea. Otherwise
> > people in the left lane just see the green light and absentmindedly
> > start to turn.

> As usual, you're a ****ing moron.
>
> I've never seen a red blinking left turn light.
>
> A blinking red light means you're supposed to treat it as a stop sign.
>
> OTOH, a green light with a lack of an arrow means an unprotected left.
> If you don't understand that, you have no business on the road.
>
> A green left arrow means you have a protected left, which means those
> assholes in opposing lanes should be stopped, but don't trust them.- Hide quoted text -

You've never seen a blinking left turn arrow? I suggest you get off
your bike and drive around the country, instead of your neighborhood!.

Old June 6th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On May 15, 1:51 pm, Sir Ray > wrote:
> On May 15, 12:52 pm, " >
> wrote:
>
> > Most left turn collisions with oncommingtrafficoccur at green lights-
> > which are found in abundance in Florida! Few left- turn collisions
> > occur at blinking red arrows.

> > In Michigan and most NORTHERN states wheretrafficengineersseem to
> > display more intelligence and are quick to react to injury and death
> > statistics:

> > A blinking red left turn arrow is well understood by all drivers to
> > mean: oncomingtraffichas the green light and does not stop!

> > It's time for Floridatrafficengineersto WAKE UP.

> You again - didn't we tell you to go play with the manatees or
> something? Oh wait, that's right, you're from Michigan and apparently
> obsessed with some intersection in Florida.
>
> > Some intersections need a green arrow protected turn phase to ensure

> that left turningtrafficgets a chance to clear even during periods
> when oncomingtrafficis most heavy. Some intersections (probably a
> tenth of the intersections that actually have these signals, because
> the DOT loves overkill) have only a protected left turn phase, which
> at times of minimal oncomingtrafficis an incredible time waster (as
> we readily established in an earlier thread, but which you ran away
> from covering your ears and going 'lalalal...' - too bad for you).

WRONG AGAIN, lame brain! The rest of us agreed that a flashing red
left-turn arrow or a flashing yellow left turn arrow is a better
alternative to your green light! Both lights signify that you yield to
oncoming traffic before making a left turn!

Tell us- do you manufacture just green lights? What kind of monetary
interest do you have in green lights?!

Old June 6th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
!

> You've never seen a blinking left turn arrow? I suggest you get off
> your bike and drive around the country, instead of your neighborhood!.

I've been to 14 different states and have yet to see a blinking left
turn arrow.

If a green ball is such a problem, what about all the traffic signals
that don't have left turn signalization? How come they're not
slaughterhouses? What's the difference between just a standard green
ball on a standard 3 phase light verses a standard green ball on a
standard doghouse light?.

People understand what a green ball without an arrow means. If they
didn't, there'd be accidents galore at all these intersections without
left turn signals. What causes wrecks are people attempting to make
the yellow arrow, and people misjudging gaps in traffic after stopping
for the permissive turn. You could have 182 blinking red arrows or
whatever, but it won't do a bit of good to rectify those.

Old June 6th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Sir Ray

On Jun 6, 2:19 pm, ! > wrote:
> I've been to 14 different states and have yet to see a blinking left turn arrow.

I have see 2, in Hicksville Long Island, NY, near the LIRR station.
That's about it, in about 5000+ traffic signals which I have driven
past (and often had to wait at a red signal at). Not a particularly
bad idea if they replace what are now Protected-Only Left Turns, which
are (everybody sing) "The World's Greatest Time Wasters!"

>You could have 182 blinking red arrows or whatever.

I think Mister Fazz has only a Limp Bizkit, but he seems fixated on
some Florida intersection (which, BTW, is a Grade Separated
intersection, with a geometry NOT like he orginially described) -
apparently the lack of a red left arrow prevents him from carrying on
his winter job of squeegee man or something (Summer in Kalamazoo...)

Old June 6th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Sir Ray