rFactor Racing Line

Old September 22nd 05, 04:56 PM

Default rFactor Racing Line

Did somebody, namely ISI, finally implement varying traction across the
width of the track? I seem to perceive more grip in the black groove
than outside of it. Am I imagining it, or did they really do it? No
other sim has that feature, correct?

Pat Dotson

Old September 22nd 05, 11:05 PM
Darus

I <thought> I read that LTT was not used in rFactor. However, I feel
the same way. Running at Birmingham (wierd more as it's an addon) I
have gotten loose by running off line <thiiiis much> and then gathered
it back up. I also have had some doozies of shunts by totally missing
the line!

Old September 23rd 05, 01:08 AM
R Keating

After experiencing GTR's "Live track", I feel it is a feature that
should be in all future driving sims. At the start of the race you can
drive off the racing line, but as the race goes on it gets very slippery
there. Very frustrating, but it adds as much reality (frustration) as
do the dirty tires in LFS when you go off track. (I'm not commenting on
the implementation, that can always be improved, but the fact it is
there is something as is!)

There are things in GTR, LFS and rFactor that if combined would make for
a killer sim!

Old September 23rd 05, 05:11 PM

Off-line traction difference never seemed to be that noticeable before
in other sims. At least, it never seemed to affect lap times
significantly if you used some funky lines through the corners. With
rFactor, sticking to the groove results in pretty significant lap time
decreases. I like it! It really forces you to drive well, and in a
more realistic fashion.