Hey Dad

Old May 6th 06, 02:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Hey Dad

A simple thanks I owe you one
Tried to email but it bounced
--
Kickstart

Old May 6th 06, 03:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Kickstart" > wrote in message

> A simple thanks I owe you one
> Tried to email but it bounced
> --
> Kickstart

NP, enjoy.

Old May 6th 06, 04:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Convert '75 Auto to Manual?

X-no archive: yes

Hi...appreciate the replies...."not worth the time or money" but not a major
mod....hmmmm....obviously, I'm not going to put $4K into a $7K car.....but I
appreciate your input. If anyone wants to elaborate, please do!

Thanks...paul

Old May 6th 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"hudathunk" > wrote in message
> X-no archive: yes
>
> Hi...appreciate the replies...."not worth the time or money" but not
> a major
> mod....hmmmm....obviously, I'm not going to put $4K into a $7K
> car.....but I
> appreciate your input. If anyone wants to elaborate, please do!
>
> Thanks...paul

Many things can go right but then there are a number of things that
can go against your change over.

Throw out bearing length differences.
Number of teeth in the yoke spline.
Incorrect hole in the end of the crank for your pilot bearing.
Length of drive shaft.
Solid cross member modification, (not sure what a '75 has).
Actuator rod differences.
Pivot ball stud location in bell housing.
Throw out arm length.
Proper pedal location, length.
Shifter worn out from donor.
Console plate expensive or not available.
Starter location needs shimmed.
Cracked the radiator removing the coolant lines.
New gear to correct speedometer, minor.
Correct flywheel
Correct balance on the flywheel, engine lower combination.
And last but not least if I've haven't missed some, that strange
vibration, shudder, or chatter that wasn't there before.

All of the above may fall right into place and then again all of them
can bite you when you least need it to happen. Each one can add time
and dollars plus the frustration that goes along with your Corvette
being out of service. If everything goes smooth for a couple of
thousand dollars and 2 days you're in your 4 speed Corvette. Then
again if they go sour for four or five thousand dollars and 5 weeks
you have a car that shutters when you drive it.

As I said before, an easy mod but can also be your worst nightmare.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old May 15th 06, 06:08 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On 6-May-2006, "Dad" > wrote:

> "Kickstart" > wrote in message
> >
> > A simple thanks I owe you one
> > Tried to email but it bounced
> > --
> > Kickstart

> NP, enjoy.

Dad's too senile to get a post through properly. He derserves no thanks.
Anyone can do a Newsgroup search just as easy without tolerating his
infintile old fart attitude.

--
Warmest regards,

Steve
Old May 16th 06, 03:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

>> As I said before, an easy mod but can also be your worst nightmare.
>> --
>> Dad

> Those who are too cheap to have it done by a professional or have too much
> time on their hands have plenty of psudoknowledge on their hands.
> Warmest regards,
> Steve

I know what ya mean Steve
I took some money from my toomuch stash
and a group of my too much time on my hands
used some "psudoknowledge"
read the pretty damn good directions - twice-
got my hands dirty
called some Pseudo friends for their psudoknowledge
got'er done

kick- drivin it - start