Quick Change Oil Fiasco

Old June 15th 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Quick Change Oil Fiasco

A couple of days ago a friend was backing out of his driveway when he
noticed a large puddle of oil. He stopped the vehicle - a Ford pickup
- popped the hood and oil was leaking out of his just changed oil
filter. When he got the filter off and replaced - it was damages -
holes punched into the sides of the filter. He went to the quick
change place and asked the manager to see the tool they used to change
filters - the tool hand slots which gripped the sides of the filter and
the ape putting on the filter twisted it hard enough to cut into the
filter body causing the oil leak.

Posted this cause it is a new low for quick oil change idiots - people
who go to these places to get their oil changed are taking huge risks.
Even on my honda accord it takes less than 10 minutes to change the oil
and filter - have a local garage who is really happy to see my 10
gallons of used oil in midwinter - lots of these guys have oil heaters
to heat their garage - saves hundreds every month.
butch i do all my maintanace my self dont no why anyone would
bring there vehicle to a quick lube place for something thats so easy
to do like an oil & filter change youreself? and not to mention not only

the goof ball messing things up! but also
running the risk of getting "ripped off" when the time comes to pay up! i recently
stumbled across this interesting article and video to share with you all
www.nbc4.tv/investigations/9265933/detail.html

--
johnin

View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-424198.html