Do politicians really think this about our california auto/mc taxes?

Old November 15th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles,ca.driving
Deborah Speer

Default Do politicians really think this about our california auto/mc taxes?

Assemblyman Mark Leno, D-San Francisco, echoed Perata's sentiment, adding
that wiping out the increase in the fee has resulted in "squandering $20
billion (since 2003) so that an average car owner can pocket $200 a year."

reference
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MN16TCG3A.DTL

What galls me about this statement is the obviously reverse logic.
I ask the probing question (as I do not know this man).

Does he REALLY think this way?
If so, he is a dangerous man.
Am I reading this right?

Deb
Old November 15th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles,ca.driving
Paul[_20_]

Deborah Speer wrote:
> Assemblyman Mark Leno, D-San Francisco, echoed Perata's sentiment, adding
> that wiping out the increase in the fee has resulted in "squandering $20
> billion (since 2003) so that an average car owner can pocket $200 a year."
>
> reference
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MN16TCG3A.DTL
>

> What galls me about this statement is the obviously reverse logic.
> I ask the probing question (as I do not know this man).
>
> Does he REALLY think this way?
> If so, he is a dangerous man.
> Am I reading this right?
>
> Deb

Deb,

You are so right. He is dangerous and the majority in Sacramento

I go to Sacramento every year to lobby for Motorcycle rights and am
amazed at the arrogance and ignorance exhibited there.

Come on up to Sacramento with us next year and see for yourself how low
your representatives regard you. And from what I have seen / heard you
don't have to be a biker to be treated like ****.

Then again, YMMV!

Paul
Old November 15th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Do politicians really think this about our california auto/mc...

Anything goes in California.Either today or yesterday, Britney Spears
ran over another paparazzi guy's foot.Of course it was mostly his fault
because he got too close to her car.How the court system over there
still allows her to drive is beyond me.One of Saddam Hussein's cars was
tricked out.The car had a propane tank in the trunk that was hooked up
to some pipes under both sides of the car.If anybody got too close, they
got their feet blasted off.That car was auctioned on eBay.
cuhulin

Old November 16th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles,ca.driving
barb

Deborah Speer wrote:
> Assemblyman Mark Leno, D-San Francisco, echoed Perata's sentiment, adding
> that wiping out the increase in the fee has resulted in "squandering $20
> billion (since 2003) so that an average car owner can pocket $200 a year."

Wait...SQUANDER??? Oh, heaven forbid anyone take that measly $200 a year
and spend it on food, rent, gas during a time where the top officials
seem to think the public is a never-ending source of funds!

So Perata and Leno think that allowing Cali citizens a paltry couple
hundred bucks extra is SQUANDERING?

Oh, yeah. I guess some fatassed politicians might have to go without a
few jaunts, a few dinners, a few football games. How DARE Joe Citizen
waste that money on things like medical care! Talk about a sense of
entitlement. Talk about being out of touch with reality.

Things are no better down here in San Diego though. We have our own set
of corrupt, unethical politicians. They all dance to the same master's
tune, though. Unfortunately, the people aren't the orchestra.

--
barb
Chaplain, ARSCCwdne

buy my book!
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1198812

read my page! (thanks, R. Hill!)
http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/graham1.html

visit my store!
http://www.cafepress.com/birdville
Old November 16th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I know a woman by the name of Barb.(Barbara) She is from
Limerick,Ireland and she works at a pub in Buckhead, Atlanta area.I am
her number one fan club.
cuhulin

Old November 18th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles,ca.driving
P. Roehling

"Deborah Speer" > wrote

> Does he REALLY think this way?
> If so, he is a dangerous man.
> Am I reading this right?

You are ignoring something instead.

California's operating deficit over the last three years totals 9.8
*billion* dollars, and it will continue to grow worse this coming year as
the politicos in Sacramento are facing unrealistic voters who want all the
State's many services to continue unabated and yet don't want to pay for
them via increased taxes. This makes financially responsible State officials
unhappy and they sometimes even get grumpy about the situation and speak
poorly of the electorate as a result.

But should you tell your elected officials that you either want to pay
higher taxes or tell them which services you want them to cut, and enough of
you do it, then they will probably stop thinking -and saying- that they need
your money more badly than you do.

Old November 18th 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles,ca.driving
Mike Nelson

P. Roehling wrote:
> But should you tell your elected officials that you either want to pay
> higher taxes or tell them which services you want them to cut, and enough of
> you do it, then they will probably stop thinking -and saying- that they need
> your money more badly than you do.

No! We vote to borrow the money
to pay for all the stuff we want,
and let our kids and grandkids
pay it back with interest.
Old November 18th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles,ca.driving
P. Roehling

"Mike Nelson" > wrote

> P. Roehling wrote:
>> But should you tell your elected officials that you either want to pay
>> higher taxes or tell them which services you want them to cut, and enough
>> of you do it, then they will probably stop thinking -and saying- that
>> they need your money more badly than you do.

> No! We vote to borrow the money
> to pay for all the stuff we want,
> and let our kids and grandkids
> pay it back with interest.

Got it in one.

Old November 18th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles,ca.driving
The Man Behind The Curtain

P. Roehling wrote:
> "Deborah Speer" > wrote
>
>> Does he REALLY think this way?
>> If so, he is a dangerous man.
>> Am I reading this right?

> You are ignoring something instead.
>
> California's operating deficit over the last three years totals 9.8
> *billion* dollars, and it will continue to grow worse this coming year as
> the politicos in Sacramento are facing unrealistic voters who want all the
> State's many services to continue unabated and yet don't want to pay for
> them via increased taxes.

Why should they? The current tax levels were supposed to be enough so
that the politicians wouldn't come back to the trough. But they keep
doing it. We pass measure after measure after measure after measure
after measure that alleges to pay for something "for the children, "for
safety," "to fight terror," etc. How many times do we have to pay for
the same things? Where's the accountability for this money?

John