Radio Antenna Snapped Off...

Old June 17th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Radio Antenna Snapped Off...

of my '94 Civic. What are my options for a fix? Haven't taken off the
plate thingy with the 2 screws yet to look inside, and I don't care
much for the dash removal scenario I read somewhere. There must be an
alternative.
Thanks for any help!
Rich

Old June 17th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I did this on my 91 Civic.

You can buy a perfectly good new antenna at Pep Boys. OEM is
not essential, IMO.

Routing the antenna's wire is a little tricky. I bought some
10 AWG copper wire (with bright pink sheathing) at Lowe's or
Home Depot. It is the right stiffness for the job. I stuffed
the 10 AWG copper wire down the antenna orifice in the car
roof until I could see the pink on the left side of the
driver footwell. A bunch of wires are down there, so ideally
you'll have a helper who can wiggle on the 10 AWG copper
wire while you watch for it in the footwell. I think I then
put a loop in the 10 AWG copper wire and dragged the antenna
wire down.