For Sale: ECCI CDS 2000 system

Old December 2nd 05, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default For Sale: ECCI CDS 2000 system

I'm selling my ECCI CDS 2000 wheel/pedal system. I purchased it new in Feb
96 and it is still as rock solid as the day it arrived. My only reason for
letting it go is to upgrade to a new ECCI system. I'm in Vancouver, British
Columbia. Buyer pays shipping. Asking $350 U.S.

Don Scurlock

(604)988-1976
Old December 2nd 05, 12:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Don Scurlock wrote:
> I'm selling my ECCI CDS 2000 wheel/pedal system. I purchased it new in Feb
> 96 and it is still as rock solid as the day it arrived. My only reason for
> letting it go is to upgrade to a new ECCI system. I'm in Vancouver, British
> Columbia. Buyer pays shipping. Asking $350 U.S.

Ah, you've turned the need for USB into an excuse for a whole new
system, I was thinking along the same lines. Well done sir.

Don McCorkle
Old December 2nd 05, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Woodie83 > wrote in
:

> Don Scurlock wrote:
>> I'm selling my ECCI CDS 2000 wheel/pedal system. I purchased it new
>> in Feb 96 and it is still as rock solid as the day it arrived. My
>> only reason for letting it go is to upgrade to a new ECCI system. I'm
>> in Vancouver, British Columbia. Buyer pays shipping. Asking $350
>> U.S.

> Ah, you've turned the need for USB into an excuse for a whole new
> system, I was thinking along the same lines. Well done sir.
>
> Don McCorkle

I could have easily upgraded it to usb for a 100 buck Canadian with
this:http://www.betainnovations.com/ ,which is the same thing as ECCIs HD-
USB Ultra upgrade, and ECCI sells a paddle shifter kit for it. So for a
couple hundred I could have got everything I wanted, instead I'm spending
close to $1,600 !
Glass of wine, credit card, online shopping, dangerous combination

DonS

Old December 2nd 05, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Ooh! nice one Don, the whole kit and caboodle, as they say over here.

I'm going to give BRD until their clock counts down to decide on a Speed 7
Wheel.

http://www.teambrd.co.uk/

Andi.

Old December 3rd 05, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Andi Cole" > wrote in
:

> Ooh! nice one Don, the whole kit and caboodle, as they say over here.
>
> I'm going to give BRD until their clock counts down to decide on a
> Speed 7 Wheel.
>
> http://www.teambrd.co.uk/
>
> Andi.

Almost the whole kit Andi, everything except the clutch, which I think is
on the way out even in real cars. The BRD stuff looks very nice, and not
having to ship across the pond is a real plus. It will be interesting to
see if they finally crack the perfect force feedback nut. kinda mesmerizing
watching that clock count down
Don
Old December 3rd 05, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Hi Don. I wouldnt count on Force Feedback improving much. Immersion Corp
owns the patent on any device that connects to a computer that provides
tactile feedback. Having this control has pretty much kept any new ideas or
technology from actually making Force Feedback better. Immersion hasnt
really done anything in PC gaming in what almost 10 years? Yet if anyone
else tries the hordes of Immersions POS lawyers will soon be a knocking...

It's really insane that the Patent office could give such a broad patent to
anyone for anything but Immersion obviously contributed to the some
California democrats election at some point and we've all suffered since....

People constantly whine and complain about MS and its "fabled" monopoly but
at least they occasionally improve the products they sell. YOU have the
choice not to use any MS product as well. You don;t have any option for any
other FF devices except Immersions crap...

</rant>

Mitch

Old December 3rd 05, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Sad but true.

Andi.

. net...

Old December 4th 05, 08:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> "Mitch_A" > wrote in message
> . net...
>> Hi Don. I wouldnt count on Force Feedback improving much. Immersion Corp
>> owns the patent on any device that connects to a computer that provides
>> tactile feedback. Having this control has pretty much kept any new ideas
>> or technology from actually making Force Feedback better. Immersion hasnt
>> really done anything in PC gaming in what almost 10 years? Yet if anyone
>> else tries the hordes of Immersions POS lawyers will soon be a knocking...

dunno if you read the speed 7 preview in ASS a couple of issues ago, but
it was quite positive. As for your "patent office" conspiracy theory, I
guess everyone has his pet evil organizations (I know I have mine

cheers, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old December 4th 05, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

What's odd is I don't think there has ever been a 'real' photo of it, only
drawiungs. ASS used the picture currently on the new BRD site but that's
only a 3D image. Why no pictures?

Andi.

Old December 4th 05, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

No I didnt read ASS but tell me, is BRD paying a royalty to Immersion Corp
on every unit sold? Are they using the same API that they've been using for
10 years? I can't say myself but I'd bet they are if Immersions track
record is any indication.

Believe what you want. I use facts and evidence to come to my conclusion
not wishful thinking and political correctness....

Mitch