Replaced plugs 2003 jeep grand cherokee

Old July 31st 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Andy

Default Replaced plugs 2003 jeep grand cherokee

6cylinder replaced plugs due to age, 70,0000 miles and things starting
happening.
ran extremly rough. Limped to the dealer, dealer said bad coil pack.
He replaced
it and still had the trouble. Now he said the igniton module is at
fault. Ignition module
did not fix it. He replaced the coil pack again, and ok.
I know I am not the best of mechanics, but can I cause so much
trouble, by just
replacing spark plugs?
Old July 31st 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:41:46 -0700 (PDT), Andy
> wrote:

>6cylinder replaced plugs due to age, 70,0000 miles and things starting
>happening.
>ran extremly rough. Limped to the dealer, dealer said bad coil pack.
>He replaced
>it and still had the trouble. Now he said the igniton module is at
>fault. Ignition module
> did not fix it. He replaced the coil pack again, and ok.
>I know I am not the best of mechanics, but can I cause so much
>trouble, by just
>replacing spark plugs?

I once replaced my plugs and had similar results. Turned out I had
cracked the porcelain on one of the new plugs. It's also possible you
damaged one or more of the spark plug wires causing a problem. Nothing
you did really should have made the coil pak or ignition module go bad
UNLESS damage to plugs or wires made the coil pak work harder to fire
and it was marginal and then went bad.