The Big 2-1/2 ?

Old February 17th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default The Big 2-1/2 ?

Looks like GM is considering buying "C" from from "DC". Makes me wonder
what chassis will GM use for the 300C, Crossfire etc. if the sale goes
through. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq
Old February 17th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in news:bd-
:

> Looks like GM is considering buying "C" from from "DC". Makes me wonder
> what chassis will GM use for the 300C, Crossfire etc. if the sale goes
> through. Here's a link:
http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

Been reading this stuff - it will certainly be interesting to see what
shakes out before this is all over.

I can see a Hemi Camaro or an LS7 Challenger...
Old February 17th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Joe" > wrote in message
> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:bd-
> :
>
>> Looks like GM is considering buying "C" from from "DC". Makes me wonder
>> what chassis will GM use for the 300C, Crossfire etc. if the sale goes
>> through. Here's a link:
http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

> Been reading this stuff - it will certainly be interesting to see what
> shakes out before this is all over.
>
> I can see a Hemi Camaro or an LS7 Challenger...

I don't see it...

Given its line-up, or the possible new entries they "could" build, I can't
figure out why Chrysler isn't rolling in money. It should be Chrysler buying
GM, not a near-bankrupt GM trying to finance a buyout of Chrysler.

Hey, if it were me, I'd buy Chrysler, then dump Chrysler and just keep Jeep.
Then I'd come out with the first-ever Jeep coupe, Jeep sedan, Jeep (true)
station wagon.

I'd make a fortune.

dwight

Old February 17th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:bd-
> :
>
>> Looks like GM is considering buying "C" from from "DC". Makes me wonder
>> what chassis will GM use for the 300C, Crossfire etc. if the sale goes
>> through. Here's a link:
http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

> Been reading this stuff - it will certainly be interesting to see what
> shakes out before this is all over.
>
> I can see a Hemi Camaro or an LS7 Challenger...

Don't forget that many of Chrysler's more popular and best performing
models are based on Mercede's chassis and drive trains. I can't see GM
selling cars that are reskinned Mercede models or Mercedes letting them
do it.
Old February 17th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

dwight wrote:
> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:bd-
>> :
>>
>>> Looks like GM is considering buying "C" from from "DC". Makes me wonder
>>> what chassis will GM use for the 300C, Crossfire etc. if the sale goes
>>> through. Here's a link:
http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq
>> Been reading this stuff - it will certainly be interesting to see what
>> shakes out before this is all over.
>>
>> I can see a Hemi Camaro or an LS7 Challenger...

> I don't see it...
>
> Given its line-up, or the possible new entries they "could" build, I can't
> figure out why Chrysler isn't rolling in money. It should be Chrysler buying
> GM, not a near-bankrupt GM trying to finance a buyout of Chrysler.

I would have thought Chrysler was solidly in the black too.

> Hey, if it were me, I'd buy Chrysler, then dump Chrysler and just keep Jeep.
> Then I'd come out with the first-ever Jeep coupe, Jeep sedan, Jeep (true)
> station wagon.

Jeep is the reason Chrysler bought AMC. It certainly wasn't for the AMC
cars.

> I'd make a fortune.

Remember your buddies here at ramfm when you get filthy rich.
Old February 17th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
news
> dwight wrote:
>> "Joe" > wrote in message
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:bd-
>>> :

http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq
>>> Been reading this stuff - it will certainly be interesting to see
>>> what shakes out before this is all over.
>>>
>>> I can see a Hemi Camaro or an LS7 Challenger...

>> I don't see it...

Guys, I must stress the fact that there's a winky at the end of the line
above.

>> Given its line-up, or the possible new entries they "could" build, I
>> can't figure out why Chrysler isn't rolling in money. It should be
>> Chrysler buying GM, not a near-bankrupt GM trying to finance a buyout
>> of Chrysler.

> I would have thought Chrysler was solidly in the black too.

Here's a recent story from CNN:
http://tinyurl.com/yr4g3l

Apparently, things ain't goin' so good.

>> Hey, if it were me, I'd buy Chrysler, then dump Chrysler and just
>> keep Jeep. Then I'd come out with the first-ever Jeep coupe, Jeep
>> sedan, Jeep (true) station wagon.

> Jeep is the reason Chrysler bought AMC. It certainly wasn't for the
> AMC cars.

Ramblers. Saw an awesome 390 AMX the other day.

Old February 17th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
news
> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:bd-
>> :
>>
>>> Looks like GM is considering buying "C" from from "DC". Makes me
>>> wonder what chassis will GM use for the 300C, Crossfire etc. if the
>>> sale goes through. Here's a link:
http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

>> Been reading this stuff - it will certainly be interesting to see
>> what shakes out before this is all over.
>>
>> I can see a Hemi Camaro or an LS7 Challenger...

> Don't forget that many of Chrysler's more popular and best performing
> models are based on Mercede's chassis and drive trains. I can't see
> GM selling cars that are reskinned Mercede models or Mercedes letting
> them do it.

That's the grey area. Spinning off Chrysler begs answers to a host of
questions, starting with: "What happens to all the MB stuff presently in
the DC cars?"
Old February 17th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Joe" > wrote in message
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
> news >
>> dwight wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

>>> I don't see it...

> Guys, I must stress the fact that there's a winky at the end of the line
> above.

Yeah. Like any of this discussion is serious. I wonder how the Chebby guys
would take to having a Hemi under the hood, or vice versa? That'd be heresy.
An upheaval in the universe...

Of course, that stuff probably matters only to us old farts who remember
when.

) <----- (frog smiley)

Old February 17th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

Michael Johnson wrote:
> Looks like GM is considering buying "C" from from "DC". Makes me wonder
> what chassis will GM use for the 300C, Crossfire etc. if the sale goes
> through. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

If everyone thought that "D" was going to be the end of "C", this
will definitely be the end. You can kiss that sweet looking Daytona
Charger good bye and see it replaced with that fugly looking Mustang
copying Camaro.

--
"One hard rule of sockpuppetry is that a sockpuppet
can't be smarter than its animator."
Old February 17th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Joe" > wrote in message
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
> news >
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:bd-
>>> :

http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

>>> Been reading this stuff - it will certainly be interesting to see
>>> what shakes out before this is all over.
>>>
>>> I can see a Hemi Camaro or an LS7 Challenger...

>> Don't forget that many of Chrysler's more popular and best performing
>> models are based on Mercede's chassis and drive trains. I can't see
>> GM selling cars that are reskinned Mercede models or Mercedes letting
>> them do it.

> That's the grey area. Spinning off Chrysler begs answers to a host of
> questions, starting with: "What happens to all the MB stuff presently in
> the DC cars?"

I would bet Chrysler owns it. If they spin off Chrysler they spin off all
of it...