300M AT stuck in second gear

Old October 31st 04, 04:33 PM
D & J Bergevin

Default 300M AT stuck in second gear

I realize I'm late with this but it might save someone time later. You can
view the diagnostic codes by turning you ignition key to the off position
and then cycling it on-off-on-off-on. The codes will appear in the digital
odometer. If there are no codes, the odometer will read "done". If you
access to a code readout listing, this will help narrow down the search for
faulty sensors. Be aware that the codes for the 300m changed in '02 when
Chrysler integrated some of their power train controllers into one unit so
be sure to use the correct set.

This tip also applies to other Chrysler products as well but I'm not certain
how extensively.

This information was in the set of "shop manuals" that I ordered from
Chrysler when I bought my '03 Special. I've found these to alway be a good
investment.

DB

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> Art wrote:
> > My wife was about 6 blocks from the house and she calls that the car is
> > jerking and check engine light is on. Car was just in for a new strut

and
> > bushing, oil filter change, and shifter recall. Sat at dealer for

almost 2
> > weeks because they could not get the damaged strut replacement from
> > Chrylser. So now this. Speedometer is working. AT fluid has been

changed
> > twice since car was new. Car only has 42k miles on it. I don't know
> > exactly what the shifter recall involved but maybe they left a wire

loose.
> > Would be odd coincidence if AT or a sensor failed right after the recall
> > done.

> Sure sounds like a speed sensor or speed sensor wire/connector, Art.
> Check out this thread on the 300M ezboard for location of the speed
> sensors and their connectors:

http://p209.ezboard.com/f300menthusi...picID=46.t op
ic

Old October 31st 04, 04:33 PM