Deadly Speeders MURDER 7 People In Maryland Crash - Media yawns

Old February 16th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,soc.culture.usa
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Deadly Speeders MURDER 7 People In Maryland Crash - Media yawns

This is worse than the gun shooting at NIU that killed 5 people but it's
not getting even 1/10th the media coverage. Fact is highways speeders are
killers and the biggest crime problem we have in america, but highway
crashes are big business to the auto industry and they pay the media to
minimize the huge problem.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/15319268/detail.html

7 Dead In Street Racing Crash

POSTED: 9:17 am EST February 16, 2008

ACCOKEEK, Md. -- At least seven people were killed and four injured when a
street race went awry on Indian Head Highway in Accokeek early Saturday,
police said.

Officers were called to the scene near Pine Drive at 3:40 a.m. There,
veteran officers said they found the "worst incident" they have ever seen.

Witnesses said the racing had just ended when a white Ford Crown Victoria
with no headlights suddenly veered into a crowd of about 50 people.

Seven people were killed and four more were taken to nearby hospitals with
serious injuries.

Police said one of the people killed was in the Crown Victoria, but it was
unclear if that person was the driver or a passenger.

Police said street racing has been a problem on the straight stretch of
Indian Head Highway.

(snip)
Old February 17th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_2_]

SFB spewed:

<< off topic ECP removed >>

> This is worse than the gun shooting at NIU that killed 5 people but it's
> not getting even 1/10th the media coverage. Fact is highways speeders are
> killers and the biggest crime problem we have in america, but highway
> crashes are big business to the auto industry and they pay the media to
> minimize the huge problem.

What problem?

> http://www.nbc4.com/news/15319268/detail.html

<< snip article >>

Darwin: 7
Idiots: 0

Don't let our indifference to the deaths of these idiots in any
dissuade you from trying to find someone who cares.

Next!
--
necromacer

<bracing for a lecture from a relative of one of the dead street
racers posting from a web based forum.>

Old February 17th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Feb 16, 4:00*pm, necromancer > wrote:
> SFB spewed:
>
> << off topic ECP removed >>
>
> > This is worse than the gun shooting at NIU that killed 5 people but it's
> > not getting even 1/10th the media coverage. Fact is highways speeders are
> > killers and the biggest crime problem we have in america, but highway
> > crashes are big business to the auto industry and they pay the media to
> > minimize the huge problem.

> What problem?
>
> >http://www.nbc4.com/news/15319268/detail.html

> << snip article >>
>
> Darwin: 7
> Idiots: 0
>
> Don't let our indifference to the deaths of these idiots in any
> dissuade you from trying to find someone who cares.
>
> Next!
> --
> necromacer
>
> <bracing for a lecture from a relative of one of the dead street
> racers posting from a web based forum.>

Yep, they were all Darwin volunteers, not innocent victims.

Harry K
Old February 19th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
David Poole

necromancer wrote:
>> This is worse than the gun shooting at NIU that killed 5 people but it's
>> not getting even 1/10th the media coverage. Fact is highways speeders are
>> killers and the biggest crime problem we have in america, but highway
>> crashes are big business to the auto industry and they pay the media to
>> minimize the huge problem.

>What problem?

Exactly!

>> http://www.nbc4.com/news/15319268/detail.html

><< snip article >>
>
>Darwin: 7
>Idiots: 0

Too bad it wasn't 70 to zip. :-)

>Don't let our indifference to the deaths of these idiots in any
>dissuade you from trying to find someone who cares.

Me thinks my attitude as demonstrated in my sig is rubbing off.

Which reminds me of an old saying that's a favorite of mine:
"Attitudes are contagious; mine might kill you." :-)

--

People don't confuse me with someone who cares.