Loose rearview mirror on C6

Old December 15th 12, 08:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

Default Loose rearview mirror on C6

Dad wrote:
> "Rufus" > wrote in message
> news
>>> <snip>

>> I knew most of these about the C6...especially the one about sticking the
>> fob in the glove box receptacle - when I got my Z06 I started reading the
>> owners manual .pdf before I even sent the check and received the car.
>>
>> That knowledge served me well when my fob died on me during a trip to
>> Vegas...the car is a 2008 and even though it only had 4100 miles on it
>> when I bought it the fob battery was three years old at least. So it died
>> on me at a gas station...and I had to use a few of these tricks to get
>> myself to a drug store and buy another fob battery. Now I carry a spare
>> one in the rear box.
>>
>> I've since schooled at least one other C6 owner on this one...and the key
>> slot over the license plate. Now if I could learn to shift a six speed
>> smoother...
>>
>> --
>> - Rufus

> .
> There is one little quirk about the C6 that still catches me and if I
> remember right it got me once in the C5. The interior light knob on the
> lower left dash can be bumped by your knee and turn the interior lights on.
> For some reason they will not time out when turned on there and it has
> killed the battery twice. I've not tried to duplicate it yet to ****ed to
> have to go through the restarting/charging process when I wanted to be
> driving it.

The way I sit in the car I can't hit that knob with my knee, but I could
definitely see how I could do that with the back of my hand coming off
the turn signal lever or climbing out pushing off of the steering wheel
behind me.

And that also was the initial indication of my fob battery dying - I got
out of the car and the interior lights didn't fade as I walked away from
it...I forget how I got them to turn off, I think I started and shut
down the car sitting in it a couple times - there was just enough juice
left in the fob battery for the fob to be recognized if I was actually
*in* the car. But later when I stopped for gas it was totally dead and
I had to plug it in.

....was funny...some girls walked by and shouted "nice car!"...and I
thought to myself - "wish I could start it"...then I remembered how.
I'd only had it a few months at that time.

--
- Rufus
Old July 11th 15, 03:55 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 1:51:49 PM UTC-5, Ron Stewart wrote:
> I just had the windshield replaced on my 2005 C6 and now the mirror is loose
> and and wobbles up and down going over even small bumps. The guy that did
> the work did a beautiful job on the windshield but I'm not sure about his
> knowledge on this problem. There is lots of discussion on the Corvette forum
> about this same problem. Can any one here add some helpful tips? Dad?
> Thanks,
> Ron Stewart Santa Rosa, Ca

My mirror was sagging, one of the fingers that goes around the pivot ball was broken and the snap ring would not stay on. I screwed a black screw next to the snap ring so the head of the screw held it in place, I put another one across from it to maintain the ring placement, put it back on, it was better but it eventually sag again. Some guys used silastic or foam rubber and still had problems. Then a light flashed, I placed a small balloon over the ball,this gave it some thickness and drag, works fine, can move it easily but it will stay where I put it.

rearview mirror adoom Chrysler 0 July 25th 09 08:31 PM
Rearview Mirror query Pete[_11_] Driving 59 July 25th 07 05:32 AM
Rearview mirror bug '59 VW air cooled 3 February 22nd 07 08:30 AM
Loose Rearview mirror - 97 Eddie Bauer Xx Ford Explorer 1 September 17th 06 10:19 PM
AWA [OFFER] rearview mirror, sun visor, truck mirror, jeep mirror [email protected] General 0 November 28th 05 12:55 PM