A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto newsgroups » Technology
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2014 dodge caravan power seat.

Old May 21st 21, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default 2014 dodge caravan power seat.

My respect for the industry is plummeting. First time user of a friends stow n go seats, power seat bumps into something and fails. With it far forward the vehicle is undriveable. Replaced fuse. Rumors of a circuit breaker, but no way to find it.
Off topic videos about hand cranking but they clearly don’t apply here. I wouldn’t mind an hour long crank with a screw driver. Found a possible bolt at the end of a threaded drive rod, but only a 16mm socket fits it, and it slips. I’m thinking of stuffing the socket with sheet tin but that never worked in the past.

The is a plastic shield over the front-back threaded rod which might reveal a crankable component, but I don’t want to break it it isn’t mine. The trim over the switches has some obscure torn bolt holding it or I’d check the wiring.
Ads
Old May 21st 21, 07:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

<.. obscure torn bolt holding it or I’d check the wiring.>
TORX, some obscure torx head
Old May 21st 21, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

On 5/21/2021 1:37 AM, wrote:
> <.. obscure torn bolt holding it or I’d check the wiring.>
> TORX, some obscure torx head
>

I don't know.
But whatever problem you have, someone else has been there
befo

https://www.justanswer.com/dodge/7jd...d-caravan.html

https://www.fixya.com/cars/t16591647..._back_manually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_B4m5x_b28

There's three, could well be a different problem but The
Inter Webs are full of similar.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old May 22nd 21, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Yes, saw those. Rumor of circuit breaker: no idea what compartment it’s in, what it looks like, how to reset it. The harness has small yellow cases with red slider switches, which are likely wire harness connectors. Saw the crank vid, not this model.
Old May 22nd 21, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Aha

Well well well. Rereading a 10 year old post on dodge forum by tizzy1, for the 6th time, I see a lost line below the adds that says the breaker is in the trailing edge of the drivers seat. I had searched the area, but not under the fabrics. I’ll try again in daylight. Given that it was supposed to reset when I detached the battery, I’m only half hopeful, and still want hand crank info.
Old May 22nd 21, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Aha

Nope, rumor false. The seat pan is solid and over engineered, nothing to see. The delicate pseudo cloth ends of the seat and back cushions can be unclipped, but only 2 connectors are in there, prob one for the lumbar and one for the active head support. Connectors are so complicated in molding and parts there could be a thing hidden inside, but this job is already too Indiana Jones as it is.