It's home.... and a couple of questions

Old September 6th 08, 07:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default It's home.... and a couple of questions

Picked up the 'wagon today and couldn't be happier with it.

I've bid on a set of 2002 handbooks / manuals etc. on eBay, as mine are
in some odd script.

In the meantime - a couple of questions.

Firstly, does anyone have a scan of the infocentre instructions? - I've
kind of worked things out, but I need to change the date and want to
know how to switch between trip A and trip B. (At the moment, it's
apparently OKTober)

Secondly, will a phase 2 head unit just drop straight into a phase 1
car? - I've bought a Kenwood bluetooth / iPod / CD head unit which I'll
probably fit tomorrow, but Mrs. H has just asked if I can put the OEM
Blaupunkt in her phase 1.

www.italiancar.co.uk - Ducati 750SS - Hongdou GY200 - - Alfa 75 TSpark
Alfa 156 Veloce Sportwagon Selespeed -Alfa 156 TSpark- Passat 2.0TDI SE
Old September 8th 08, 11:44 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_10_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
k...
> Picked up the 'wagon today and couldn't be happier with it.
>
> I've bid on a set of 2002 handbooks / manuals etc. on eBay, as mine are
> in some odd script.
>
> In the meantime - a couple of questions.
>
> Firstly, does anyone have a scan of the infocentre instructions? - I've
> kind of worked things out, but I need to change the date and want to
> know how to switch between trip A and trip B. (At the moment, it's
> apparently OKTober)

Mine has shown Okt since new (during October!!). You might expect that there
would be a software upgrade at a service, but aparently not. I just put it
down as an 'alfa' thing - makes them unique. Its not a major problem. Wait
until the next leap year, then you'll laugh - the extra day is added to the
start of the year, so while the 'date' is correct, the car thinks its the
wrong day of the week for 2 months!

To switch from trip A and trip B - you just press the little button on the
left (indicator) stalk. It cycles round all the trip computer stuff. You can
turn on/off the trip B in the main control panel (only available when not
moving). Trip B seems to reset after being parked for a few hours. Trip A
seems to reset infrequently (not sure when)!.

Old September 11th 08, 05:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Max Reheat[_2_]

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:44:09 +0100, "GT"
> selected combat throttle and
flew into a dogfight with:

>To switch from trip A and trip B - you just press the little button on the
>left (indicator) stalk. It cycles round all the trip computer stuff. You can
>turn on/off the trip B in the main control panel (only available when not
>moving). Trip B seems to reset after being parked for a few hours. Trip A
>seems to reset infrequently (not sure when)!.

Trip B resets after at least 2 hours have passed since stopping the
engine.
Reset Trip A: with Trip A data showing, press and hold Set for more
than 2 seconds.
Reset Trip B: with Trip B data showing, press and hold Set for more
than 2 seconds.
To cycle through Trip A data, then Trip B data: press Set repeatedly.

Trip A, also known as General Trip, will reset automatically after
9999.9 KM or miles, when travel time is 99:59 hours:minutes, or after
connecting the battery.
--
Max Reheat () - disengage Part Throttle Reheat to reply.

Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Selespeed Veloce
Lancia Dedra 1.8i.e.SE

Couple swingaxle questions [email protected][_1_] VW air cooled 1 May 28th 08 03:58 PM
Couple questions about my dodge Agnieszka Dodge 4 January 15th 07 12:46 AM
Couple O' questions... oh123 Saturn 1 April 27th 06 05:08 PM
A couple of questions Earl Brown VW air cooled 0 September 16th 05 01:11 PM
viewed the 2.0TS - a couple of questions please NC Alfa Romeo 30 July 11th 05 02:01 PM