FYI - Alfa Brera reviewed in todays Sunday Times.

Old November 12th 06, 11:28 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
simon

Default FYI - Alfa Brera reviewed in todays Sunday Times.

Jeremy Clarkson gives the Brera a thumbs up in the Times today.

--

www.srsteel.co.uk
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama

Old November 12th 06, 09:44 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Pete[_1_]

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:28:44 -0000, "simon"
>, wrote:

>Jeremy Clarkson gives the Brera a thumbs up in the Times today.

Thanks. Have a link chaps
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...446826,00.html

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old November 13th 06, 08:32 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

wrote:

>Jeremy Clarkson gives the Brera a thumbs up in the Times today.

Indeed he does..but he keeps mentioning how slow it is!! I'm
amazed..what the hell are Alfa doing? Their 3.2V6 petrol, which should
be a stormer in the Brera, is just as quick as an Audi A4 3.0 diesel
Quattro *and* the Audi is faster..how?..why?..what the?... As he says,
you only buy it for its looks. Some things *never* change in Alfa land
then..

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old November 14th 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Alfa145

Zathras wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:28:44 -0000, "simon" >
> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Clarkson gives the Brera a thumbs up in the Times today.

> Indeed he does..but he keeps mentioning how slow it is!! I'm
> amazed..what the hell are Alfa doing? Their 3.2V6 petrol, which should
> be a stormer in the Brera, is just as quick as an Audi A4 3.0 diesel
> Quattro *and* the Audi is faster..how?..why?..what the?... As he says,
> you only buy it for its looks. Some things *never* change in Alfa land
> then..

Aren't new engines (both petrol and diseasel) coming out next year?
Living in hope..... it is a bit of a disappointment though from a
'sporty' brand. Sure straight line acceleration isn't the only thing
that makes a car, but on paper, it doesn't do it any justice when
compared with others.
Old November 14th 06, 10:57 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Alfa145 > wrote:

> Zathras wrote:
> > On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:28:44 -0000, "simon" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Jeremy Clarkson gives the Brera a thumbs up in the Times today.

> > Indeed he does..but he keeps mentioning how slow it is!! I'm
> > amazed..what the hell are Alfa doing? Their 3.2V6 petrol, which should
> > be a stormer in the Brera, is just as quick as an Audi A4 3.0 diesel
> > Quattro *and* the Audi is faster..how?..why?..what the?... As he says,
> > you only buy it for its looks. Some things *never* change in Alfa land
> > then..
> >

> Aren't new engines (both petrol and diseasel) coming out next year?
> Living in hope..... it is a bit of a disappointment though from a
> 'sporty' brand. Sure straight line acceleration isn't the only thing
> that makes a car, but on paper, it doesn't do it any justice when
> compared with others.

I doubt it - the 2.2JTS is almost an entirely new design - based on the
GM 2.2 Ecotec block. Same with the V6.

Can't see the JTD being replaced any time soon, either. But that's not
an issue as it'll chip to the naughty side of 200bhp anyway.
Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old November 15th 06, 07:32 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:31:05 +0000, Alfa145 >
wrote:

>Sure straight line acceleration isn't the only thing
>that makes a car, but on paper,

... and according to Jeremy..

> it doesn't do it any justice when compared with others.

But Jeremy says the performance is a 'problem' for him but that owners
of Shoguns will find it great. That's a pretty damning comment coming
from an experienced Alfa lover who's driven it. The trouble here is on
the road not just on paper.

Old December 6th 06, 06:06 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
david_dance

What can I say, except that I want one, but it has to have an automatic box,
and I need it by mid March. Any chance I wonder?

Old December 6th 06, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

david_dance > wrote:

> What can I say, except that I want one, but it has to have an automatic box,
> and I need it by mid March. Any chance I wonder?

I can't see the Brera ever getting anything other than manual and
Sillyspeed boxes.