Prolem with the wheel

Old July 21st 09, 05:05 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Andy

Default Prolem with the wheel

Hi all,

I've been enjoy reading your questions and answers on this mailing
list. Today, however, I have my own question that needs your helps.

My car is Audi 2002 A6 Quattro. It has been driving fine, except that
the driving wheel was a little shaking (which I thought was
acceptable). Today, the vibration was raised to a level that
immediately caught my attention. The wheel was shaking so much I could
really feel it, and the car tends to go to the right hand side if I
don't hold the wheel tightly. Also, there is some noise in front area
of the car, probably under the hood or at the axle. I checked the
tires but off course that was not the problem.

I am not so sure what the main problem is, and I intend to bring it to
either a mechanic or an Audi dealer. However, I would like to know if
this problem is serious that I really need to spend money on dealer's
service or just a local mechanic is good enough.

Any insight suggestion would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Andy.
Old July 21st 09, 11:39 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Have the suspension looked at immediately!
Might be a control arm (ball joints) if the tires and wheels are fine.
I will ASSuME that you made sure the wheels were not falling off of your
Audi! ;-)
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

Old July 21st 09, 07:35 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tom E

"Andy" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've been enjoy reading your questions and answers on this mailing
> list. Today, however, I have my own question that needs your helps.
>
> My car is Audi 2002 A6 Quattro. It has been driving fine, except that
> the driving wheel was a little shaking (which I thought was
> acceptable). Today, the vibration was raised to a level that
> immediately caught my attention. The wheel was shaking so much I could
> really feel it, and the car tends to go to the right hand side if I
> don't hold the wheel tightly. Also, there is some noise in front area
> of the car, probably under the hood or at the axle. I checked the
> tires but off course that was not the problem.
>
> I am not so sure what the main problem is, and I intend to bring it to
> either a mechanic or an Audi dealer. However, I would like to know if
> this problem is serious that I really need to spend money on dealer's
> service or just a local mechanic is good enough.
>
> Any insight suggestion would be really appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy.

the nearest mechanic with a ramp...........and take a look see.