New Corvette C7 lower cost basic coupe

Old March 1st 13, 08:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Default New Corvette C7 lower cost basic coupe

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "uncle_vito" > wrote in message
>>

> Snip
>> Thanks for the correction and your knowledge. After I slept on it I
>> realized it was Fixed Roof Coupe. Going to the Peterson Museum in
>> downtown Los Angeles tomorrow with my Corvette Club to see the new C7.
>> Will take photos. Have not been to the Peterson in a while. About 30
>> min away from where I live but in the CITY. Arg.
>>

> I have a soft spot for their engine over the DOHV designs and did like the
> seats but they just blew it on the body design. I'd take the old design of
> the Lexus SC300 any day but they dumped their V8 this year.. Then there's
> the brutal design cues of the Lamborghini that could have sent the C7 over
> the top instead of the Ford method of adding chrome, vents, and scoops.
> The only thing they took from the 2009 concept car was the stingray and
> the nose flag emblem. So sad. The Corvette design should be a leap ahead
> not and added wrinkle.

Yep. The C7 is too busy. Take off the scoops and make it smooth and
sleek. At least make everything monochrome. Making the scoops a different
color is frightening.

Old March 2nd 13, 05:32 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

uncle_vito wrote:
> "Dad" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "uncle_vito" > wrote in message
>>>

>> Snip
>>> Thanks for the correction and your knowledge. After I slept on it I
>>> realized it was Fixed Roof Coupe. Going to the Peterson Museum in
>>> downtown Los Angeles tomorrow with my Corvette Club to see the new C7.
>>> Will take photos. Have not been to the Peterson in a while. About 30
>>> min away from where I live but in the CITY. Arg.
>>>

>> I have a soft spot for their engine over the DOHV designs and did like the
>> seats but they just blew it on the body design. I'd take the old design of
>> the Lexus SC300 any day but they dumped their V8 this year.. Then there's
>> the brutal design cues of the Lamborghini that could have sent the C7 over
>> the top instead of the Ford method of adding chrome, vents, and scoops.
>> The only thing they took from the 2009 concept car was the stingray and
>> the nose flag emblem. So sad. The Corvette design should be a leap ahead
>> not and added wrinkle.

> Yep. The C7 is too busy. Take off the scoops and make it smooth and
> sleek. At least make everything monochrome. Making the scoops a different
> color is frightening.

....hhmmmnnn...which is probably why I flat hated the first one I saw in
red, buy warmed a bit to a "build your own" in grey. With black wheels...

--
- Rufus