Update...

Old October 28th 09, 03:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

Default Update...

On the "underhaul" of my '68 vert. Goal is to *never* have to re-visit the
undercarrage in my personal lifetime.

All research and procurement is finally done. About 3k spent in total.
Another $500 on interior fix up parts.

Car will be *all* new underneath from the transmission tail seal back and
from the steering box forward. It's iether getting replaced if it moves - or
blasted and painted if "static".
Going from 3.08 to 3.70 in the rear end. (even made $200 buying and selling
pumpkins!)

Rebuilt the master cylinder and replacing the rest of the brakes - SS lines
too.

I've been sandblasting about 2 hours a day... shower and then painting what
I blasted.
Don't envision any "final assembly" in the rear to begin for about a month.

I need to stay focused on the small areas..... if I look at the big picture
I get overwhelmed.
For now... the rear, next the front, then the brakes, then the interior,
sound, and top.

Budget will not support paint on this round... but soon..........

-W

Old November 11th 09, 07:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lab~rat >:-)

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:54:01 -0500, "Clams Canino"
> puked:

>On the "underhaul" of my '68 vert. Goal is to *never* have to re-visit the
>undercarrage in my personal lifetime.
>
>All research and procurement is finally done. About 3k spent in total.
>Another $500 on interior fix up parts.
>
>Car will be *all* new underneath from the transmission tail seal back and
>from the steering box forward. It's iether getting replaced if it moves - or
>blasted and painted if "static".
>Going from 3.08 to 3.70 in the rear end. (even made $200 buying and selling
>pumpkins!)
>
>Rebuilt the master cylinder and replacing the rest of the brakes - SS lines
>too.
>
>I've been sandblasting about 2 hours a day... shower and then painting what
>I blasted.
>Don't envision any "final assembly" in the rear to begin for about a month.
>
>I need to stay focused on the small areas..... if I look at the big picture
>I get overwhelmed.
>For now... the rear, next the front, then the brakes, then the interior,
>sound, and top.
>
>Budget will not support paint on this round... but soon..........
>
>-W

Have you been taking pictures as you go? I always like to see what
folks do that I don't have the patience for...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old November 11th 09, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:54:01 -0500, "Clams Canino"
> > puked:
>
>>On the "underhaul" of my '68 vert. Goal is to *never* have to
>>re-visit the
>>undercarrage in my personal lifetime.

Snip
> Have you been taking pictures as you go? I always like to see what
> folks do that I don't have the patience for...
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

I'm not sure I want to see pictures of what you don't have patience to
do?????

;-))

88 Fox update Dioclese VW water cooled 1 January 18th 08 02:20 AM
update: 93 JGC V8 Pop-N-Fresh Jeep 4 December 15th 06 05:29 AM
Update JeffRens VW air cooled 2 May 24th 06 11:54 PM
New Sim Update Paulinho Simulators 0 October 11th 05 03:55 PM
RB4 Nav CD Update. Wzero Jeep 1 September 25th 05 07:15 PM