Door Open Buzzer

Old March 14th 05, 08:32 PM
Tim Ryan

Default Door Open Buzzer

I have a A4 2000 1.8T, the damn door ajar buzzer won't turn off no matter
how hard I close the door. It was happening last summer but stopped and
hasn't happend all summer. The heat has risen alittle bit and started
again. Any ideas anyone.

Thanks, Tim in Portland, ME

Old March 14th 05, 11:12 PM
Tim Ryan

I ment it hasen't happened all winter,

Old March 14th 05, 11:15 PM
daytripper

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:32:42 GMT, "Tim Ryan" >
wrote:

>I have a A4 2000 1.8T, the damn door ajar buzzer won't turn off no matter
>how hard I close the door. It was happening last summer but stopped and
>hasn't happend all summer. The heat has risen alittle bit and started
>again. Any ideas anyone.

Most likely the switch inside the lock assembly has gone to Heaven -
particularly if you managed to get the indicator to go out by slamming the
door closed.

Less likely is the wire for that switch has opened at the door hinge, and less
likely still is the Central Locking module has puked. I believe a VAG tool
talking to the CL module would root cause this either way...

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old July 22nd 09, 04:32 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
lgrabas

I am having the same problem with my 2001 A4. The interior lights do
not go on when the doors are open, and when I start it, the indicator on
the dash shows both front doors open. Also, the alarm will not arm. Is
this all related?

--
lgrabas
lgrabas's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=11192

Old July 22nd 09, 01:24 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Yes it is probably all related! I think if the door is thought to be open
too long the interior light will go out.

A vag-com tool might point you in the correct direction but I suspect the
sensors/wiring at the doors.

92 Blazer "Key-In Buzzer" Eugene 4x4 3 November 17th 04 12:30 AM
WTB: Key Buzzer for '80 Vette LR Corvette 0 August 10th 04 03:57 AM
84 quattro oil buzzer [email protected] Audi 3 May 17th 04 02:36 PM