2007 Cobra engine info from SEMA ?

Old November 11th 04, 12:35 AM
DriveSpy

Default 2007 Cobra engine info from SEMA ?

Any info circulating on this yet? Friend of mine who went to SEMA said he
thought there was some info tossed out from a somewhat official source on
engine config and estimated pricing for the car. Probably still speculation.
Oh well. I figure the beast will be over $40K.
Old November 11th 04, 04:52 AM
Paul

at 10 Nov 2004, DriveSpy ] wrote in
:

> Any info circulating on this yet? Friend of mine who went to SEMA
> said he thought there was some info tossed out from a somewhat
> official source on engine config and estimated pricing for the car.
> Probably still speculation. Oh well. I figure the beast will be
> over $40K.

Last I heard the Cobra is pulled forward to the 06 model year instead
of the 07 model year. This was apparently at SEMA. The engine is
suppossed to be the same one as in the Ford GT as there seems to be a
problem with the lightning engine going thourgh clutches at an alarming
rate. No pricing info so far.

--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)

Old November 11th 04, 04:17 PM
Dan

"DriveSpy" > wrote in message
> Any info circulating on this yet? Friend of mine who went to SEMA said he
> thought there was some info tossed out from a somewhat official source on
> engine config and estimated pricing for the car. Probably still
> speculation.
> Oh well. I figure the beast will be over $40K.

The Ford folks at SEMA were saying they expected about a $5k bump in price.
The drivetrain isn't set in stone but the V10 is out and there are no plans
for a 4.6. That leaves the 5.4, 24 valve, VVT motor. Given they've already
developed the supercharged version for the Lightning, and Ford's past
statements about consolidating the engines in their top performers, the new
5.4 with a supercharger is at the top of the list.

--
Dan
2003 Cobra convertible