1995 Dodge Ram ABS Problems

Old July 14th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jeff Kolodziej

Default 1995 Dodge Ram ABS Problems

Dodge experts:

I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 regular cab 4WD pickup with the
5.9L V8. The truck has a little over 91K miles on it, and the
amber "ABS" light is now coming on. When the ABS light
comes on, the red "BRAKE" light comes on too. I replaced
the front disc brakes at 87K miles (rear brakes are original),
and I checked the brake fluid level (and checked for fluid
leaks) - it is fine. So, I am sure the red BRAKE light is
tied to the ABS light. The truck stops fine and brakes normally,
further supporting that the BRAKE light just supports the ABS
light.

Any ideas what needs replacing to make the ABS light turn off?
I am a relatively handy person used to using various tools - the
hammer is my favorite tool!! :-)

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Regards,

Jeff Kolodziej

Old July 14th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ralf Ballis[_3_]

"Jeff Kolodziej" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Any ideas what needs replacing to make the ABS light turn off?

Only ABS light on has meaning only for this system.

Currently is the break warning light off?
Have you checked the wheel speed sensors and the connectors to the sensors?

Regards,

Ralf

Old July 16th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mr158912

replace the rear axle speed sensor common failure