1999 300M ,, A/C Problem?

Old April 9th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
argyliz

Default 1999 300M ,, A/C Problem?

Last year in April I replaced the compressor, belt, condenser, etc... A/C worked good all summer.. Today the temp. was 70+ and no a/c... runs ok, but no cool air.. Could the refrigerant have leaked out? You advice and counsel needed and appreciated. Have had this car 10 years and only 66,000 miles on it - can't afford to trade... Thanks in advance. Ralph Griffith

--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Old April 9th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ralf Ballis[_3_]

"argyliz" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>Last year in April I replaced the compressor, belt, condenser, etc... A/C
>worked good all summer.. Today the temp. was 70+ and no >a/c... runs ok,
>but no cool air.. Could the refrigerant have leaked out? You advice and
>counsel needed and appreciated. Have had this >car 10 years and only
>66,000 miles on it - can't afford to trade... Thanks in advance. Ralph
>Griffith

Have you checked compressor clutch is electric energized and engaged?

Regards,

Ralf

Old April 9th 08, 09:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

You mention nothingabout having ever replaced the evaporator on this
vehicle. With the history of these vehicles having aleaking evap I would
say that your vehicle may be low on R134 and this could be your problem.
The A/C manifold gauges would have to be connected to verify afull orlow
charge.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...kers.chrysler/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old April 9th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

damnnickname wrote:
> You mention nothingabout having ever replaced the evaporator on this
> vehicle. With the history of these vehicles having aleaking evap I would
> say that your vehicle may be low on R134 and this could be your problem.
> The A/C manifold gauges would have to be connected to verify afull orlow
> charge.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech
>
> --
> Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...kers.chrysler/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

I agree with Glenn - the evaps. on the LH cars are a particular weak
spot. Plan on several hundred dollars of cost if that's it and you
replace it - the entire dash has to be removed.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')