More Powerful Engine?

Old February 8th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default More Powerful Engine?

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote in
:

:

>>> Perhaps you have personal experience with Diamond Motorsport
>>> upon which you can base your opinion,

>>I have no experience with Diamond Motorsports which is why I
>>expressed no opinion of any kind of them.

> In that case, apologize to them and us for misleadingly using the
> term "plumbing-school drop-outs" in a context clearly implicating
> them.

Why would you be misled? Reread the post, it's pretty clear.

Old February 8th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On 2006-02-08, XS11E > wrote:

>>>I have no experience with Diamond Motorsports which is why I
>>>expressed no opinion of any kind of them.

>> In that case, apologize to them and us for misleadingly using
>> the term "plumbing-school drop-outs" in a context clearly
>> implicating them.

> Why would you be misled? Reread the post, it's pretty clear.

It seemed pretty clear to me that you were referring to Diamond
Motorsport as "plumbing school dropouts" and their work as
something "cobbled together". That's why I pointed out that
the work I saw in the pictures looked pretty good.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm not available
at for comment...
Old February 8th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Grant Edwards > wrote in
:

> It seemed pretty clear to me that you were referring to Diamond
> Motorsport as "plumbing school dropouts" and their work as
> something "cobbled together".

That's why you should re-read it.

Old February 8th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

XS11E wrote:

> That's why you should re-read it.

Here it is:

"If you just want a small hp increase try this:

http://www.diamondmotorsport.com/greenmiatas.htm

Increasing engine size is usually the easiest and the cheapest way to
gain horsepower and going up to 7000cc should help....

I can't imagine why anyone would want to, the Miata isnt a fast car and
you knew that when you bought it. If you wanted fast there's
Corvettes, Vipers, etc. They'll all run, brake and handle better than
something that's cobbled together by plumbing school dropouts..."

You refer to "something that's cobbled together by plumbing school
dropouts..." directly below one link to a company that modifies cars and
we aren't supposed to put the two references together?
Also, what was that about the Miata not being fast like Vipers? That
brings one of my favorite miata pics to mind.

http://home.austin.rr.com/sheltonser...pers-miata.jpg

Pat

Old February 8th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

XS11E > wrote:

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote in
:

:

>>>I have no experience with Diamond Motorsports which is why I
>>>expressed no opinion of any kind of them.

>> In that case, apologize to them and us for misleadingly using the
>> term "plumbing-school drop-outs" in a context clearly implicating
>> them.

>Why would you be misled? Reread the post, it's pretty clear.

That you are clearly implicating them, yes.

Leon
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old February 8th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

XS11E > writes:

> "mdginzo" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>
> > Is there an engine I can replace in my Miata 1995 in the 200-250 hp
> > range?

> If you just want a small hp increase try this:
>
> http://www.diamondmotorsport.com/greenmiatas.htm
>
> Increasing engine size is usually the easiest and the cheapest way to
> gain horsepower and going up to 7000cc should help....
>
> I can't imagine why anyone would want to, the Miata isnt a fast car and
> you knew that when you bought it. If you wanted fast there's
> Corvettes, Vipers, etc. They'll all run, brake and handle better than
> something that's cobbled together by plumbing school dropouts...

For that amount on money I'd rather spend a little more and get a
MkIII Factory Five roadster.

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
Old February 8th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws > wrote in
:

> You refer to "something that's cobbled together by plumbing school
> dropouts..." directly below one link to a company that modifies
> cars and we aren't supposed to put the two references together?

No because it's not "directly below one link", it's a new paragraph.

I guess I do owe a sincere apology to all who were victimized by an
eductional system that apparently didn't teach reading or
comprehension.

But I am very surprised and disappointed.
Old February 8th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

XS11E wrote:

> No because it's not "directly below one link", it's a new paragraph.
>
> I guess I do owe a sincere apology to all who were victimized by an
> eductional system that apparently didn't teach reading or
> comprehension.
>
> But I am very surprised and disappointed.

You stand alone in your defense against several very intelligent people
here because you are wrong, but go on feeling correct about it if that
makes you feel better.

I don't recall the proper use of website links during newsgroup
discussions being taught in any classroom. In fact, they didn't teach
anything at all about posting to newsgroups in my schools, so this has
nothing to do with any educational system from 20+ years ago.

This issue requires only common sense to disagree with you on a dispute
that only you support. This is not something that must be taught in school.

I would also wager a bet on my English reading and comprehension skills
against your own any time and walk away with the cash.

Pat
Old February 8th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On 2006-02-08, XS11E > wrote:
> pws > wrote in
> :
>
>> You refer to "something that's cobbled together by plumbing
>> school dropouts..." directly below one link to a company that
>> modifies cars and we aren't supposed to put the two references
>> together?

> No because it's not "directly below one link", it's a new
> paragraph.
>
> I guess I do owe a sincere apology to all who were victimized
> by an eductional system that apparently didn't teach reading
> or comprehension.

My reading comprehension skills are fine, thanks. I can dig up
the exact numbers if you want, but I was in the top 1% in
verbal skills on the SATs and in the top 3% on the GREs.

From what I've seen of Leon and Pat's language skills, they are
quite literate as well.

So everybody apparently interpreted your posting the same way I
did, but there wasn't anything wrong with the way you wrote it
because everybody in the world but you is too stupid to
understand your writing?

> But I am very surprised and disappointed.

Get used to it.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I am a jelly donut. I
at am a jelly donut.
Old February 9th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Cool picture Pat. The problem is, The Vipers are on lap 8 and the Miata
is on lap 4 ! :-)

Bruce RED '91
(But he is having a lot of fun, wish I was there ! )