PICS: The Corvettes Are Finally Being Rescued from the Museum Sinkhole

Old March 5th 14, 10:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
cazza13

Default PICS: The Corvettes Are Finally Being Rescued from the Museum Sinkhole

Finally the Corvettes are being rescued after the Museum Sinkhole.
The damage looks quiet bad, as to be expected. What a tragedy. It
could have been worse, but at least not all is lost and they are
recovering. Amazing that one of them actually started up. Shows you
the durability of these fine cars. Can't wait to see what the other
remaining Vettes will do.

FROM: CR

For weeks we've been waiting on the poor, poor 'Vettes to be rescued
from the National Corvette Museum sinkhole. Today the efforts finally
began. Two of the eight Corvettes were plucked from the darkness
below. The blue 2009 ZR1 was even able to start up and drive 20 feet.

Next on the list was the 1993 Ruby. In rough shape, she didn't emerge
as beautiful as the Blue Devil. Good thing restorations will begin in
August, after the cars have been displayed at the museum to show off
the sinkhole's damage.

Tomorrow the crew will go after the black 1962 Corvette. The recovery
will be tricky because a five-ton slab of concrete is sitting on the
hood. We're glad to have heroes like these.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...8534#271578534

Old March 6th 14, 12:05 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
David Michael

"cazza13" > wrote in
message ...

Old news and be careful this web site. Years ago it down loaded a
virus on me when I clicked on it. May not have come from them but just
be careful.