Buffalo intentionally creates traffic congestion, wants RLC revenue.

Old May 30th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Buffalo intentionally creates traffic congestion, wants RLC revenue.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1777.asp

<...>

Another document shows a city proposal to "de-synchronize traffic
signals in order to slow down traffic,
especially along commercial strips." Immediately following this proposal,
the city recommends installing speed and red light cameras to
"Aggressively enforce speed limits and other traffic violations,"
committed by frustrated motorists.

<...>

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/86288.html

<...>

One of the nation.s top red light camera firms, Arizona-based American
Traffic Solutions, has some ties to the Brown administration: The
company.s lobbyist in Albany, Patricia Lynch, is also the city.s retained
lobbyist.

<...>

..Unless alternative traffic intersection engineering and design
improvements are explored, motorists may simply view this proposal as a
revenuegenerating program disguised as a safety measure,. Marta Genovese,
chairwoman of New York AAA.s legislative committee, wrote in a memo
supporting the Hoyt-Thompson bill.

<...>

Old May 30th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On May 29, 9:03 pm, (Brent P)
wrote:
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1777.asp
>
> <...>
>
> Another document shows a city proposal to "de-synchronize traffic
> signals in order to slow down traffic,
> especially along commercial strips." Immediately following this proposal,
> the city recommends installing speed and red light cameras to
> "Aggressively enforce speed limits and other traffic violations,"
> committed by frustrated motorists.

While we in Michigan don't have RLC yet (they're coming... in fact
they just change the license plate design so they're more visible on
camera), I drive a 4 mile stretch through 2 small cities where it's 2
lanes each way + left turn lane, WAY under posted (30 mph speed
limit), AND the lights are timed so that if you do 40, you'll make the
green. The stretch is HEAVILY patrolled.

Old May 30th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Brent P wrote:
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1777.asp
>
> <...>
>
> Another document shows a city proposal to "de-synchronize traffic
> signals in order to slow down traffic,
> especially along commercial strips." Immediately following this proposal,
> the city recommends installing speed and red light cameras to
> "Aggressively enforce speed limits and other traffic violations,"
> committed by frustrated motorists.

Here's a sure-fire way to avoid any fines. Obey the law.
Old May 30th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>Brent P wrote:
>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1777.asp
>>
>> <...>
>>
>> Another document shows a city proposal to "de-synchronize traffic
>> signals in order to slow down traffic,
>> especially along commercial strips." Immediately following this proposal,
>> the city recommends installing speed and red light cameras to
>> "Aggressively enforce speed limits and other traffic violations,"
>> committed by frustrated motorists.

>Here's a sure-fire way to avoid any fines. Obey the law.

Is that what you were doing when you were caught driving 41mph through
a 25mph school zone?

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old May 30th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> What I want to know is when, if ever, will the sheep in this country
> wake up and stop electing asshole who push this kind of crap.

Never it seems. Because anyone who believes the government is running a
scam on the people is some kind tin foil hat nutcase. It's to the point
now where serious issues cannot even be discussed because anyone who
against the status quo is considered a mentally ill taitor to the
fatherland.

Old May 30th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS:
> Brent P wrote:
> > http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1777.asp
> >
> > <...>
> >
> > Another document shows a city proposal to "de-synchronize traffic
> > signals in order to slow down traffic,
> > especially along commercial strips." Immediately following this proposal,
> > the city recommends installing speed and red light cameras to
> > "Aggressively enforce speed limits and other traffic violations,"
> > committed by frustrated motorists.

> Here's a sure-fire way to avoid any fines. Obey the law.

You should take your own advice, SFB.

Here's another vid for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJaYq_qkRM

Same warnings for squirrel lovers, snake haters or the squeamish apply.

Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend admits
to being a deadly speeder:

"There's a 55mph freeway near where i live and
if i do 50, everybody passes me. But if i do
60 very few do."
--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR
HOMICIDE/
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM) 12/17/2004
ref: http://tinyurl.com/np3y6
Message ID: . com>

Old May 30th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
John David Galt

Brent P wrote:
> Another document shows a city proposal to "de-synchronize traffic
> signals in order to slow down traffic,
> especially along commercial strips." Immediately following this proposal,
> the city recommends installing speed and red light cameras to
> "Aggressively enforce speed limits and other traffic violations,"
> committed by frustrated motorists.

Such a plan will certainly cause motorists to burn a lot more gas idling,
and will probably cause increased accident deaths. I wonder if the
planners wrote an Environmental Impact Report and if it includes these
effects! Maybe the eco-nuts' own bureaucratic ball-and-chain can be used
to stop their own evil plans.
Old May 30th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

John David Galt > wrote in
:

> Brent P wrote:
>> Another document shows a city proposal to "de-synchronize traffic
>> signals in order to slow down traffic,
>> especially along commercial strips." Immediately following this
>> proposal, the city recommends installing speed and red light cameras
>> to "Aggressively enforce speed limits and other traffic violations,"
>> committed by frustrated motorists.

> Such a plan will certainly cause motorists to burn a lot more gas
> idling, and will probably cause increased accident deaths. I wonder
> if the planners wrote an Environmental Impact Report and if it
> includes these effects! Maybe the eco-nuts' own bureaucratic
> ball-and-chain can be used to stop their own evil plans.

They are following their concept of "traffic calming" and don't CARE if
people burn more gas sitting at lights.
They believe that stoplights are to be used to slow people down for safety.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 30th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Jim Yanik wrote:

> They believe that stoplights are to be used to slow people down for safety.

In this case they are creating frustration and delays for the purpose of
pushing people over the edge to committing some sort of violation they
can ticket and raise money on. It's a really sick game. Trouble is,
traffic is just one tiny facet of it. Bigger games are being run on the
american people.